• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advanced English - Othello (1 Viewer)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Just wondering, from the experience of others - do you think this was one of the harder books to study or one of the easier books to study?

Just to get an idea of what is to come this year.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
From my point of view, it's certainly not easy, there are some tricky themes in the play, but if you're studying a Shakespearean play for the HSC like Hamlet, it does help you prepare for it.

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
i studied it in year 10 and it wasnt overly hard but not the easiest one william wrote!

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
its in the preliminary course.. so it doesn't really matter, but .. we don't really know what texts you have coming up so no one can really comment.
What I meant was harder/easier of the Shakespeare texts.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I studied it in Year 11 for the Critical study, its pretty much like any other shakespearean play, once you get your head around the language you will be fine. If you are still confused, watching the movie can help you understand it better (but don't quote the movie as often things are changed in the film versions) also if you want to see a modern film, there is one called "O" I think and its set in a high school

Good Luck :) I'd help more if I could remember anything from year 11 but I cant :(

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
melsc said:
I studied it in Year 11 for the Critical study, its pretty much like any other shakespearean play, once you get your head around the language you will be fine. If you are still confused, watching the movie can help you understand it better (but don't quote the movie as often things are changed in the film versions) also if you want to see a modern film, there is one called "O" I think and its set in a high school

Good Luck :) I'd help more if I could remember anything from year 11 but I cant :(
Hey im doing a critical study of othello, could you please give me your notes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)