• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advice anyone? (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Here is a little guide on human emotions when it comes to succeeding in the art of Mathematics. Go pick which emotion you want to display. :)

Excuse my poor paint skills.

Last edited:

animeiswild

HSC
That's only if you study correctly that consistent study will pay off.

animeiswild

HSC
LOLOL! XD

Sorry, but I've seen far too many people who study so hard only to get results which are rather mediocre for the amount of effort they put in. Especially for maths.

moniyoo

HSC
hmmmm it's not great ranked school (300 something ) or selective school but it's the biggest school in NSW
if you really like to know the name then i can pm you
btw my rank for ext were 8th out of 61
and math 2 unit
dont even ask i will start to cry.... lol

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
LOLOL! XD

Sorry, but I've seen far too many people who study so hard only to get results which are rather mediocre for the amount of effort they put in. Especially for maths.
You shattered my dreams. :(

I am going to get < 30 ATAR now. :cry:

moniyoo

HSC
Here is a little guide on human emotions when it comes to succeeding in the art of Mathematics. Go pick which emotion you want to display. :)

Excuse my poor paint skills.
hahahahhaha thankyou for spending time on this for me

i will try to be the smilly face one hehe!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
hmmmm it's not great ranked school (300 something ) or selective school but it's the biggest school in NSW
and math 2 unit
dont even ask i will start to cry
.... lol
Quote by my mentor and inspirator: "It's not how you start the race. It's how you finish it."

animeiswild

HSC
and math 2 unit
dont even ask i will start to cry.... lol
Just try your best for your next exam and decide from there or if you feel you can do better do one more exam and make the final decision. But meanwhile it's best you don't neglect your studies for Korean because you may have to stick with it till the end.

moniyoo

HSC
Just try your best for your next exam and decide from there or if you feel you can do better do one more exam and make the final decision. But meanwhile it's best you don't neglect your studies for Korean because you may have to stick with it till the end.
yeppp i will see how muchwork i can get it done this holz thanks !!!

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
BOOM!

Take of like a rocket next term and soar to infinity and beyond! (Buzz lightyear dance)

Sorry I am on sugar!

Never give up hope. Watch and see what I mean. :)

Woody: "Buzz you're flying!"

Buzz: "This isn't flying, this falling with style!"

Last edited:

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
한국말 잘하시면 왜 하세요 ...

그냥 수학과 영어 집중!!!

So yea if you're decent at Korean leave it for the future and since you're a background speaker should be fine to continue learning it if you choose to do so at a later time.

In terms of Maths I dropped Extension I Maths halfway year 12 because I be cbf like that though I regret it now cause all you have to do is put in a little bit of effort and the scaling of the subject is IMMENSE. Particularly more so last year as the exam was disgustingly hard.

I did 10 units no sweat just excel in all of em. Don't think of NOT having any subjects to lean back on just do them like you we're back in yr 10.

Fighting~

hey-you-can-do-it.jpg

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Maths Extension 1 is okay but when it comes down to the difficulty of a subject I believe it is rather subjective. You may find Korean hard, I'll find Korean impossible! After watching tons of Korean dramas and listening to K-pop, I can't learn a word! So it varies from person to person.

You have yet to have a proper MX1 exam at school correct? I suggest that you hold onto it until your first MX1 exam and decide from there.
I feel like such a spammer by doing this, but I couldn't resist giving TTMIK a plug.

Korean was my first language but once entered primary school, my fluency whittled away as I began speaking English. Much of my adeptness at Korean is solely based on recalling words so I can understand some Korean when spoken to me.

Nonetheless, I'm trying to relearn Korean and I found a website 'Talk To Me In Korean' which has a set of dedicated teachers which upload content on a regular basis, all categorised in terms of difficulty and topic.

Anyway, I know this is a bit of a shameless plug but I'm quite impressed at how they have organised their content in contrast to many other learning sources out there. I recommend you give it a go!

http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/

moniyoo

HSC
한국말 잘하시면 왜 하세요 ...

그냥 수학과 영어 집중!!!

So yea if you're decent at Korean leave it for the future and since you're a background speaker should be fine to continue learning it if you choose to do so at a later time.

In terms of Maths I dropped Extension I Maths halfway year 12 because I be cbf like that though I regret it now cause all you have to do is put in a little bit of effort and the scaling of the subject is IMMENSE. Particularly more so last year as the exam was disgustingly hard.

I did 10 units no sweat just excel in all of em. Don't think of NOT having any subjects to lean back on just do them like you we're back in yr 10.

Fighting~

View attachment 24096
하하 한국 사람이시네요!
well everyone recommended me to do Korean because since i already know how to speak and write well so they thought it will get me a great mark but i regret it so much. coz it's really really hard than i expected so yer .....
but thank you thankyou ! so much for your advice!

moniyoo

HSC
I feel like such a spammer by doing this, but I couldn't resist giving TTMIK a plug.

Korean was my first language but once entered primary school, my fluency whittled away as I began speaking English. Much of my adeptness at Korean is solely based on recalling words so I can understand some Korean when spoken to me.

Nonetheless, I'm trying to relearn Korean and I found a website 'Talk To Me In Korean' which has a set of dedicated teachers which upload content on a regular basis, all categorised in terms of difficulty and topic.

Anyway, I know this is a bit of a shameless plug but I'm quite impressed at how they have organised their content in contrast to many other learning sources out there. I recommend you give it a go!

http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/
haha yer it's good website thannks
but my Korean is quite good hehe
and good luck with your Korean
if you want im happy to help you. so you are welcome to ask me question on Korean hehe

SanjoyM

HSC
Here are some quotes which reflects the possibility of achieving our aim.
"What we do in the present determines what we do in the future" - this motivates me SO much!
And - "Whatever the mind of a man can conceive and believe, it can achieve" :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)