• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Advice Please (1 Viewer)

BigBear_25

HSC
Hi,

I am an extension 1 student and i'm get average marks.
Recently i have accelerated myself and i am 2 chapters from
finishing the entire HSC course(my class is five chapters away at the moment). I was wondering whether i'm making a right move by doing this.

My reasoning is that by getting ahead i can free up study for other subjects
(such as english which i really suck at) and while in class when the topics are being taught to the rest of the students it can act as revision for me.

Any advice while be greatly appreciated.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
i dont see any major problem with this.... getting ahead is pretty much a similar thing done at most tutoring places :)

i always found with chem i was ahead of the class at tutoring and learning stuff on my own, and in class, when we came around the learning the things i had already learned it just allowed me to cement it further. but make sure you don't forget maths entirely. that would be a grave mistake.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Do plenty of past papers adn questions when you have the time, will help you improve for exams and such.

_ShiFTy_

HSC
Nothing wrong with that. Just dont start getting lazy when the teacher teaches a topic you have already learnt yourself...because i do that :)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
There is the tendency to miss sections when learning ahead and then not looking over these when the rest of the cohort goes through them. Otherwise nothing wrong with studying ahead, except you are getting average marks...maybe it's better to do it with the cohort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)