• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

again with the lectures (1 Viewer)

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Okay santa (or anyone really) see if you can answer this one.

Two subjects that I was looking at doing state: 1x2hrL, 1x1hrT:

Contact Hours: 2 hr lecture, 1 hr tutorial per week

Both their timetables however, show two different lectures times and both lectures go for one hour:

Lecture Wed 13:30 14:30 20.1
Lecture Thu 10:30 11:30 40.HOPE

So what's the go. Do I go to one lecture (as stated) or two lectures (in order to make up 2 hours of lecture time)? I'd really like to know because pending on the answer I'm changing my subjects.

Anyone?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
pam17 said:
Okay santa (or anyone really) see if you can answer this one.

Two subjects that I was looking at doing state: 1x2hrL, 1x1hrT:

Contact Hours: 2 hr lecture, 1 hr tutorial per week

Both their timetables however, show two different lectures times and both lectures go for one hour:

Lecture Wed 13:30 14:30 20.1
Lecture Thu 10:30 11:30 40.HOPE

So what's the go. Do I go to one lecture (as stated) or two lectures (in order to make up 2 hours of lecture time)? I'd really like to know because pending on the answer I'm changing my subjects.

Anyone?
It looks like you do two hours of lectures and one hour of tutorials.
Meaning, do both lectures.

It also means the subject database is being kept in a shitty condition.

Ninga

HSC
Whats the diff, instead of doing 1x2hr lecture, u do 2 x 1hr lectures.

Suck it up kiddo, this isnt primary school :)

santaslayer

HSC
You do both lectures. In some courses, it isn't practical, or feasible to do a straight, 2 hour lecture. I can tell you that a straight 2 hour lecture is shit...you get bored shitlesss..unless you like the subject...similarly, sometimes, 2x 1 hour lectures aint always that practical as well...depends on nature of subject, timetabling problems and choice of lecturer...

The only good thing you get out of 2 hour lectures is the early mark....but that's only if the lecturer isn't tight...

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Ninga said:
Whats the diff, instead of doing 1x2hr lecture, u do 2 x 1hr lectures.

Suck it up kiddo, this isnt primary school :)
I wasn't complaining about that. It's just that I can't do either subject now because one of the lectures in each clashes with my other subjects.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I have a similar question. The contact hours are 3L and 1T and on the timetable I have 2 lectures than are 2 hours and 2 that are 1. So I figure I have to go to one of each but do I get to choose or do I get assigned one and when does this happen?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
pam17 said:
I wasn't complaining about that. It's just that I can't do either subject now because one of the lectures in each clashes with my other subjects.
You can do it.

It just means you might have to alternate weekly between lectures, or get someone to take notes for you. I had three hours worth of clashes in Spring last year. The more clashes, the worse it is though.

If you don't feel you can handle a clash, then yeah, changing subjects is a good idea, however, you're not going to be unenrolled from a subject automagically because you have a clash. It's up to you. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I have a similar question. The contact hours are 3L and 1T and on the timetable I have 2 lectures than are 2 hours and 2 that are 1. So I figure I have to go to one of each but do I get to choose or do I get assigned one and when does this happen?
This is the good news, you get to choose which ones you want to go to. So choose a 2hr lecture and an 1 hour lecture which suits you best.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Another Question... I'm trying to work out my timetable but ECTE195 Design and Management has the contact hours in the form of 71.5hrs Lec/Tut/Prac instead of the way it is for all other subjects. So how am I meant to figure out how many lectures, tutorials and pracs i'm meant to go to?

santaslayer

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Another Question... I'm trying to work out my timetable but ECTE195 Design and Management has the contact hours in the form of 71.5hrs Lec/Tut/Prac instead of the way it is for all other subjects. So how am I meant to figure out how many lectures, tutorials and pracs i'm meant to go to?
LoLz...now THAT'S a new one....!!!!!!!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
just have a look at the timetable, it should pretty much explain itself...if theres only one lecture time then you obviously attend that one and then pick a tutorial group. If theres two lectures and it doesn't say repeat then you probably have to go to both, just wait till the first lecture and they'll explain it all then im sure.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
There is only one lecture, so I figured I had to go to that.

Then there are 4 Seminars and cause 2 of them clash so I go to either 1 or 2 of them but I don't know cause I don't have Seminars in any of my other subjects.

Then there are 4 tutorials and I am guessing I go to 1 cause I don't have any more than 1 in my other subjects.

Is that right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)