• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

agile method? (1 Viewer)

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Sam D's book gives a pretty ambiguous definition. Can someone please explain it to me in simple terms?

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
am still trying to get my head around how they want this taught, so any input would be appreciated especially a real world example OTHER than software development

waterfall is the tradional approach (updit) with the testing at the end
its a strict, pre-planned sequence - more project manager driven - if you cancel halfway through you have nothing of the project to show ?
agile is iterative (means repeating or repetitious) it tests through the project delivering "product" in small sections so that if the project is cancelled you have something to show ? more team driven

try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDDO3ob-4ZY

Last edited:

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
am still trying to get my head around how they want this taught, so any input would be appreciated especially a real world example OTHER than software development

waterfall is the tradional approach (updit) with the testing at the end
its a strict, pre-planned sequence - more project manager driven - if you cancel halfway through you have nothing of the project to show ?
agile is iterative (means repeating or repetitious) it tests through the project delivering "product" in small sections so that if the project is cancelled you have something to show ? more team driven

try this
YouTube - Agile vs. Waterfall: A Tale of Two Teams

Thanks a tonne, that's a lot less ambiguous than the text book :]

deviousgeek

The Game.
HSC
The Agile method is a system development approach that focuses more in team building rather than the formal steps of a traditional development approach. It is largely used in software development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)