• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ahmadinejad wins Iranian election (1 Viewer)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
i like the way when someone loses an election that you were all supporting, you pull out the OMG ELECTION RIGGED excuse

noone has proof it was rigged. you're all sore losers.

ahmadinejad 4eva. DEATH 2 ISRAEL
There's actually plenty of evidence. The best piece is the fact that all districts reported a roughly 33:66 vote split ratio between A-hole and Mousavi, even in Mousavi's home town where he was wildly popular.

But other things, like Twitter, Facebook, mobile, SMS, and independent news studios being shutdown in the week leading up to and during the day of the vote, votes being lost. Not to mention the people being turned away from polling stations in districts Mousavi was known to be strong.

I'm not sure why they even bothered with the oppression if they were just going to rig it so spectacularly stupidly.

But anyway, continue on with your worshipping a mass murderer because he happens to hate Jews. Nobody really cares what you think, Neb.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

We begged you to choose a fighter. You were all warned.

It's Nazi Germany and we got ourselves a Chamberlain pot for Dinner-jacket.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC

We begged you to choose a fighter. You were all warned.

It's Nazi Germany and we got ourselves a Chamberlain pot for Dinner-jacket.
Actually, if anything it's exactly the opposite of Nazi Germany; it's more like one of the Weimar republics that spawned Nazi Germany (over 17% unemployment and 25% inflation anyone?), except this has the potential to spawn some sort of democracy instead of a fascist state.

Moreover, if Obama were to do anything more than call Iran's recent developments "troubling" he'd probably only lend support to A-hole, since most Iranians dislike America. You can guarantee McCain would have put his foot in it by now, though.

One of the interesting results of this, regardless of the outcome, will be that the Supreme Ayatollah has lost his aura of infallibility - supremacy. A presidential candidate open questions his judgement (to the point he backtracked and said he'll investigate the vote) while hundreds of thousands riot in the streets against his threat not to do so or face brutality.

He can crush the rebellion and destroy the facade of popular support for the Islamic Revolution, or he can try and let it burn out, which it may, but not before permanently changing the political makeup of Iran, and sowing seeds for a future revolution.

Of course, he could also fire A-hole and start implementing modern reforms, but I highly doubt that.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
It looks like about 10 million fraudulent votes were added, give or take a million or so I imagine. They did not have any Iranian social security number, which they are required to have to be valid.

Given the falsified knowns: 85% voter turnout, 62% for A-hole, 47 million voter turn-out, and 10 million fraudulent votes for A-hole, they gives us: 0.62*47 million real and false votes for A-hole = 30.5 mil, 30.5-10 million = 20.5 million real votes for A-hole, which is 19.2/37 = 51.7% of the vote - much closer to the predictions, and probably less than 50% in reality given they had to rig the election, the repression, the 'lack' of ballots in Moussavi stronghold districts, etc. Also, the rather silly voter turnout of 85% becomes a far more reasonable 67%, accounting further for what would have been a somewhat close election (after all that intimidation), since Moussavi was expecting 70 to 75% which would've given hime a much larger win margin (let alone a highly improbable 85%!).

Oh, and did I mention that most of the votes had been counted and A-hole declared the winner only a few hours after the end of voting? That's 47 million paper ballots counted in a few hours. Somehow, I don't think so.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
tbqh the global media have blown this farce out of proportion.
I don't think so. It's pretty big, a rigged national election in one of the hard line, arguably most important countries in the coming decade for the Middle East, not to mention the human rights violations that have since followed.

Some reports are saying up to 20 protesters shot dead by police. I mean who the fuck takes live ammunition to control a demonstration... wtf?!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
HSC
N/A
The global media have blown this so called "election/democracy" out of proportion.

Ill be the first to admit that I despise Ahmadinejad on all his social and economic polices.

However in saying that, he is hero to all those who wish to see the elimination of the fascist state Israel.

His rival isn't any better in this so called "democracy" where candidates have to be passed off by the supreme council.

Its a fucking joke. I support all forms of revolutions where the people stand up against tyrant leaders. If anything, its one of the very few human qualities left in this shitty world.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
The global media have blown this so called "election/democracy" out of proportion.

Ill be the first to admit that I despise Ahmadinejad on all his social and economic polices.

However in saying that, he is hero to all those who wish to see the elimination of the fascist state Israel.

His rival isn't any better in this so called "democracy" where candidates have to be passed off by the supreme council.

Its a fucking joke. I support all forms of revolutions where the people stand up against tyrant leaders. If anything, its one of the very few human qualities left in this shitty world.
But part of the West's interest in this protest is the potential for at least some home-grown democratic reforms following it.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
so from what i hear all the stuff about election rigging is still heresay and conjecture?

gg faggs

ahmadinejad 4eva!

suck a piens shodan!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
see that woman got shot in the heart and her eyes roll back as blood pores out from her nose and mouth, sad sight

Iranians want democracy, they want peace not bomb each other unlike the rest of the Middle East, that's why I applaud the Iranian people, they're not narrow minded like their neighbours, its just they have a shit face looking President who hates the west and is controlled by religious santa clause looking supreme leader.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Neb said:
so from what i hear all the stuff about election rigging is still heresay and conjecture?

gg faggs

ahmadinejad 4eva!

suck a piens shodan!
No. Stop trying to defend monsters you pathetic Jew hater.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Iran: where did all the votes come from?

Iran's official clerical council recently confirmed the fraud suspected in that link above, too. But they claimed that "all the electoral fraud probably didn't change the outcome of the vote so don't worry about it". It's hilarious reading.

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Worst. Damage Control. Ever.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
[...] a network of hackers formed to support the democratic revolution in Iran. Our mission is to help the Iranian people by setting up networks of proxy severs, anonymizers, and any other appropriate technologies that can enable them to communicate and organize — a network beyond the censorship or control of the Iranian regime.

NedaNet doesn't have leaders or a manifesto or even much in the way of organization. We're not affiliated with any nation or religion. We're just computer hackers and computer users from all over the planet doing what we can to help the Iranian people in their struggle for freedom.

[...]

Think of me as a cut-out. I have very carefully not asked who our contacts in Iran are. I don't even know who most of the rest of the NedaNet people are, and don't intend to try to find out; they're basically just handles on an IRC channel from whom I get URLs and files. And for any jihadi interested in asking me questions face to face, I've got some bullets slathered in pork fat to make you feel extra special welcome.
NedaNet Resource Page

Don't rush into this, it's dangerous for many reasons. Good if you want to make an impact though.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
NedaNet Resource Page

Don't rush into this, it's dangerous for many reasons. Good if you want to make an impact though.
If Iranian extremists tried to kill Eric S. Raymond that would be hilarious. He's a brilliant computer programming who just happens to be a diehard Libertarian gun enthusiast. I'm pretty sure his followers are actually more devoted and rabid than jihadists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)