• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Albums that shocked your panties off of you (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
So, I was a bit of a fan of a band by the name of Rapture, though I had only heard one of their albums previously ("Songs for the Withering"). On all the review sites I had visited they pretty much lauded the second album, and weren't too big on their debut "Futile".

After buying Futile I nearly died, it was so much better than their second release I really didn't know what to say - It shocked my panties off of me.

What albums have really suprised you?

\'OrribleCabbage

Mmmm.... Cabbagy...
HSC
Lazyboy - Lazyoy TV
and
Mylo - Destoy Rock & Roll

Both of these albums are very different from anything else I've heard recently. I have had them both playing practically nonstop for a month.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
At the Drive in - Relationship Command

beatie boys - Hello nasty

butterfly effect - begins here

RHCP - blood sugar sex magik

HTH - the calling

the streeets - original pirate material

millencolin - pennybridge pioneers

JBT - sunrise over sea

well theres a start

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
yea janes adiction is gud, i wanna get sum of there cds, i just dnt have the money :(

Pierotte

HSC
lol same, sux being broke doesnt it!!! I miss buying CD's..
Janes Addiction are on the list of CD's i have had people burn for me but feel bad about as i accually enjoy the CD and should buy it some time soon to give the artists their well desperved money....

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
ull buy another of their cds and do "ur bit"

taxman

make poverty
HSC
78 Saab - Crossed Lines shocked me. I saw them live @ Cockatoo Island and thought they were awesome, but I was a tad drunk at the time...and when I got the album I was stunned that there was music this good out there that's going relatively unnoticed.

Stereophonics - Language, Sex, Violence, Other? shocked me as well. I've been a pretty big 'phonics fan for a while and this album really surprused me. It's completely different to their other stuff, in particular 'Dakota' which is one of my favourite songs so far this year.

There have been plenty others I'm sure....I just can't think of them right now.

belly_moo

burgur 'o5
HSC
John Mayer - room for squares

i had no idea how good of a musician* he was; i've listened to his stuff for about 4 consecutive weeks now :eek:

shucks.. now i'm borderlining on obsessed

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Millencolin's new Kingwood album is just pure goodness for those that like them, and for those that are not really fans.

artfag

Banned
HSC
i shit my pants and cried the first time i heard Merzbow's 'Pulse Demon'. it was that good

HSC
'on a wire' by the get up kids .. i hated it when it first came out because it was heaps more acoustic & slow than 'something to write home about', so i guess it shocked me in a not so good way. i didn't listen to it again for about a year, then i pulled it out a few months ago and fell in love with it. probably coming close to being my favourite record of theirs now.

spiny norman

HSC
The White Album was what got me into music. Who knew music could be more than just Greatest Hits packages? Well, anyone with half a brain, but for some reason I lacked that much at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)