• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Another 2 students qu. (1 Viewer)

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Essentially is there any difference if a school sends in this marks for 2 students:

First Way:
- Student 1: 90
- Student 2: 60

Second Way:
- Student 1: 80
- Student 2: 75

Cause isnt it that they dont know the actual differance cause there are only two students? they only know that one is 'better' than the other?

Ac

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
That's right... student 1 will receive the top exam mark as their moderated assessment mark and student 2 will receive the other exam mark as their moderated assessment mark. When there are merely two students, this is the only way to ensure that the mean of the assessment marks will be the same as the mean of the exam marks.

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
but is rank important? im in that situation for 4 unit maths. im coming last and the other person is like 4 percent higher. i was reading a thread that said rank was very important? but is it in my case?

plz help?

and also in the same situation, if the person gets a higher rank than me, and i beat them in the hsc. is it true that they get my hsc exam mark?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Erhm... I just outlined what happens in that exact situation in the post you replied to... :p

DC10

ok, so, for example in english adv 2 unit

i got 71/100 due to poor results across the year in the trials.
i was ranked =49th out of 140 ppl before the trials.

Scenario:
If someone gets 88/100 in the school assessments (added up) and is ranked first at school, is the relative difference 17 marks? and so if someone gets a 100 in the HSC exam, my moderated assessment could be 83?

can someone estimate my marks? if i get 86 for my english HSC exam?

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by DC10
ok, so, for example in english adv 2 unit

i was ranked =49th out of 140 ppl before the trials.

Scenario:
If someone gets 88/100 in the school assessments (added up) and is ranked first at school, is the relative difference 17 marks? and so if someone gets a 100 in the HSC exam, my moderated assessment could be 83?

can someone estimate my marks? if i get 86 for my english HSC exam?
i think to estimate, we need to know all of the assessment marks and exam marks of your class.:D

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by DC10
That would only occur if every student's exam mark was exactly 12 marks above their raw assessment mark. Otherwise, there would be variations. But it's possible. :)

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

Ok I'm really worried about the trials. I have a few questions

1. I heard somewhere that there are three components to determining your HSC Mark.. the Assesment mark/ trials/ HSC Exam. Is this true?
  2. Reccently I nearly failed my English Trials...however it was only 7.5% weighing...how would his affect my overal mark? My other trials mark was all band 6 and I rank top 5 in all my subjects except for being top 8 in Eng and Ancient Hist.
  3. What would happen if I'm currently ranked 7th in Eng after the trials and got a mark of 98 in HSC Exam, what would my overal mark be? People in my grade generally have evenly spreading marks ranging from 20/100 to 78/100 for the trials.
Please help me somebody! I have a horrible habit of worrying too much... and being clueless, having difficulty keeping up with the rapid pace of high school

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
1. HSC Exam mark, HSC Assessment Mark, which is the exam mark of the person which correlates to your rank. Only 2 marks count for your overall HSC mark, the trials count as part of your internal assessment, which determines your rank.
2. That mark would only affect your rank, and as such it wouldn't have affected your rank much.
3. If you got a HSC exam mark of 98 in the external HSC exam, and you are ranked 7th, you would get a mark that corresponds to the 7th highest exam mark in your class as your HSC assessment mark, so your overall mark would depend on how high the 7th highest exam mark is.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Wow! Thanks so much..
So does that mean that the higher a girl in my class gets in the external exam, the more I will get???/ Coool!!!!!!!

*marimari*

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
1. HSC Exam mark, HSC Assessment Mark, which is the exam mark of the person which correlates to your rank. Only 2 marks count for your overall HSC mark, the trials count as part of your internal assessment, which determines your rank.
2. That mark would only affect your rank, and as such it wouldn't have affected your rank much.
3. If you got a HSC exam mark of 98 in the external HSC exam, and you are ranked 7th, you would get a mark that corresponds to the 7th highest exam mark in your class as your HSC assessment mark, so your overall mark would depend on how high the 7th highest exam mark is.
3 is wrong. Yours is a very rough approximation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)