• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Another Failure ???!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta88

HSC
hi good day mate , very recently i became aware about the referendum system in our country .It shocked me that passing a referundum bill is no walk in the park in Australia with only 8 out of 44 referendums approved so far . So i ve been wondering what are the reasons for all the 36 referendum failures ? So what do u think ? comments are welcomed thx !!

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
perhaps its because referendums are used by the govt to appear to be a fair vote, when in fact in those instances the govt deosnt want to openly block it so they bias the question. all i can think of is the republic one where the only ooption was a) queen b) our choice of leader

banco55

HSC
Because if you have a look at the procedure the bar is set very high for getting approval.

Super Nanny

HSC
ta88 said:
hi good day mate , very recently i became aware about the referendum system in our country .It shocked me that passing a referundum bill is no walk in the park in Australia with only 8 out of 44 referendums approved so far . So i ve been wondering what are the reasons for all the 36 referendum failures ? So what do u think ? comments are welcomed thx !!
Because Australians don't like changing something which isn't hurting them.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ta88 said:
Do your own assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)