• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Answer this for me (1 Viewer)

jamesfirst

HSC
a) Why are fast sprinters better at long jump?

b) If a sprinter jumped at an angle of 15 degrees and his range was 7m, what is the initial velocity he has jumped.

I can answer a) but I can't answer B.

The textbook has some weird answer that I never even learned... can anyone answer b) for me, ie using the formulas on the formula sheets

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Is there even enough data for B? Dont you need to know 4 knowns values?. I cant find time nor verticle/horizonaltal velocity from the available data.

Its proably just me.

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there even enough data for B? Dont you need to know 4 knowns values?. I cant find time nor verticle/horizonaltal velocity from the available data.

Its proably just me.
It is a pretty hard question, I haven't seen anything similar in the Jacaranda textbook.

Lumix

HSC
My teacher says we can but I dont see the point. There is also not a lot of formulae to remember, just the standard motion ones like v=u+at, s=ut+0.5at^2 etc and remember a=0 for horizontal and stuff like tht.

jamesfirst

HSC
Not sure

It's on sorted by topic section from 2001- 2003

Anyone know where I can get past papers from 2001 and before ?? I don't want the BOS ones. I have to print it :S:S:S:S

And where can I get those CSSA and Independent Past papers???

jamesfirst

HSC
What formulas do you need to remember... Most of them are given to you in the exam.

BTW I got this from Success One Physics and I saw the solution and they used some WEIRD formula which I WON'T be learning ;)

pretty weird Q... highly doubt it'll be in my half yearlies since most of our school teachers won't think of anything this complicated

btw nice thinking ohexploitable :D. I get it now :)

Good to know these difficult questions so that I don't get owned in the exam

Last edited:

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Well done Exploitable.

What formulas do you need to remember... Most of them are given to you in the exam.

BTW I got this from Success One Physics and I saw the solution and they used some WEIRD formula which I WON'T be learning ;)

pretty weird Q... highly doubt it'll be in my half yearlies since most of our school teacher won't think of anything this complicated

btw nice thinking ohexploitable :D. I get it now :)

Good to know these difficult questions so that I don't get owned in the exam
I will probably have to get my hands on a copy of the SuccessOne Physics. What year was this question from.

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I would find it hard to believe finding the second question in an actual HSC paper, although it certainly is an interesting question and ohexploitable provided a great and simple solution to it.

Bit difficult/long for HSC level.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
So its not actually in the HSC?...

jamesfirst

HSC
This was actually in the HSC. It was one of the question, from "sorted by topic", around 2001-2003 papers. Don't know what because that section of the book is compilation of Space topic questions...

So yeah I presume it'll actually be in the HSC. You don't want to neglect these questions because you think it's long and hit a brick wall in the exam once it pops up :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)