• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

any advice would be VERY appreciated (1 Viewer)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi people :)
I'm doing yr11 assessment task (historical investigation) which weighs 40% of the entire course (depressing...
I am to complete and present a major piece of investigation on reliability of the bible archaeology, using Noah's ark and the flood as an example). My opinion about reliability of the bible is that You can only rely on the bible archaeology for some extent to find out about past events and personalities, as the source’s main issue and perspective is religious, not the history alone. However, it is useful when examining the culture of the biblical era.
I need to write this in essay(3000 words, hee hee har har), but I'm not sure how to structure it. Currently I'm planning my essay to be:
1.Story of Noah's ark generalisation
2.Scientific evidence of Noah's ark and the flood
3.Opinion of the scientists
4.Opinion of devoted Christians (e.g. Opinion of creationists...YEC variety in particular) and their evidence
5.Opinion of the historians
6.Opinion of myself(see above)
7.Conslusion
...but do you think that my opinion would not be sustained throughout the essay if i structure it like this? if you have any better essay structure idea, just let me know and i'll appreciate you sooooo much.
This is urgent and I'm getting so concerned about this:-(

Woots

HSC
Your essay structure is very well planned and personally i think the format you have at the moment is very good. If you want to keep your opinion sustained throughout the essay, the best way to do it would be to mention or compare your opinion to the opinion of whoever you are speaking about (Eg: the scientists). Then when you reach number 6, your own opinion, discuss all the points you made before including whatever comparisons you made, but then expand and include any new points you did not make previously

This should help you to maintain your opinion throughout the entire essay instead of in just one particular section. I hope this helps and good luck with your assignment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)