• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

any ideas for the best legal studies book to get notes from? (1 Viewer)

MaTThew90

HSC
any ideas for the best legal studies book to get notes from?

Paj20

HSC
MaTThew90 said:
any ideas for the best legal studies book to get notes from?
The Maquarie Study Guide definatly... However it can be skinny on some parts so you might need to refer to your school textbook etc.

leoyh

mic`
HSC
heinemann is not bad too it follows the syllabus in order. excel has good info but can be a bit confusing to follow sometimes

michael1990

HSC
I thought you had already decided which Legal book your're going to be using?

HSC
In class we are using Cambridge which our teacher adores.
He tries to draw the Justice symbols, that are on the cover, every chance he gets.
Pity for him, instead of looking like a lady with a set of scales, it resembles something along the lines of a mangled horse.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
One book, at least for me, never feels like enough. :/

I have the Excel, Macquarie, Macmillan and Heinemann.
I've also used Cambridge before, but only briefly.

Excel is good as a reference. It's fairly thorough, though I don't use it as often as I did for the preliminary course (with reference to preliminary book, obviously).
Macquarie is good as a summary, but it can be exactly that. Too summarised. It's got a good number of cases in it, though I often find myself having to look them up because they're given too briefly.

I couldn't give a good comparison to the Macmillan and Heinemann - they're both similar in format and textbook-like. Both have different cases though and may cover some bits of topics better than the other. Though I can say if you like mind maps (as my teacher does), you'll love the Heinemann book.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
Most definately Camb. Thats what we're using in school. and if for study guides I would say MAC is the best out of Excel and other. It has pretty good information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)