• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone doing speeches...? (1 Viewer)

Twink

We're also doing speeches as part of our 1/2 yearly. i hate em.
hate writin em, and morso hate getting up their and saying them. we do ours on friday, i've also been given the two hardest english teachers to mark my speech.

as you could prolly tell, i find them rather hard.

tieki

lol...just realised I needed to clarify that a bit more...

I meant the option topic "Speeches", including Socrates, Abraham Ljncoln, Emma Goldman etc. - I think we all have to do at least one speech for assessment tasks... :)

kini mini

HSC
I did Donne's poetry :)

Out of curiosity - since a speech was specified last year, are you teachers getting you to know all of them?

tieki

Indeed they are...he recommended knowing three of them really well, and a basic knowledge of the rest, and he said they'll either specify a speech plus one or two more, or say refer to any three speeches...they're not too hard language-wise, but there's just so much to learn...poetry would have been much nicer :)

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
Originally posted by tieki
lol...just realised I needed to clarify that a bit more...

I meant the option topic "Speeches", including Socrates, Abraham Ljncoln, Emma Goldman etc. - I think we all have to do at least one speech for assessment tasks... :)
Finally someone else doing speeches.

I find them really easy cause I love the power of words and all that kind of shit. I heard that you should know each speech intimately cause they can choose any speech for you to talk indepth on.

tieki

I know...the language in them isn't all that hard, there's just soooo much to learn...and yes, we do really have to know each speech well, bcoz they can ask on any of them...our teacher didn't even teach us all of them yet - we missed Cicero and another two...said he'd teach us in term 3, closer to the HSC...

What sort of questions do you reckon we'll get asked about them? we got some questions in a past papers book the school did for us, but they're all pretty useless...

:)

nerdd

yeah we have to do a speech on the Explorers and Tempest for our half yearly! it's instead of an actual half yearly exam.
i don't know about anyone else, but i'd actually prefer a sit down exam where i just remember quotes and answer an essay question.

malayz_angel

Wow..interesting stuff that ur school came up with :) we're doing a speech (not on the topic speeches) for our half yearly. I don't mind speeched but I prefer to write because I get better marks there whereas other ppl usually do better at speeches than me

Rahul

Dead Member
yep doing speeches.....so far liked the socrates, parts of emma goldman, martin luther kind jnr.....absolutely hate the aung san su kyi one....so boring

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)