• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone go USYD open day? (2 Viewers)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Usyd has a quidditch team??? :eek:

I basically went to the study medicine at usyd seminar and went "fk that". People gotta be seriously motivated for that.

Also bought one of those overpriced steak sandwiches to only find out they had a free bbq over at the PNR building ;-;
You clearly went to your first Uni o-day

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Usyd has a quidditch team??? :eek:

I basically went to the study medicine at usyd seminar and went "fk that". People gotta be seriously motivated for that.

Also bought one of those overpriced steak sandwiches to only find out they had a free bbq over at the PNR building ;-;
In the lecture I was in, the lecturer basically goes "the atar you need for domestic students is ... 99.95- yeah lol gl with that."

Did anyone bother doing the chocsoc challenge?

Web Addict

HSC
The USYD Open Day was pretty cool. I intended to go there to get more information and explore the campus but I just ended up walking about with my friends aimlessly around the quadrangle. Some pretty interesting stuff were going on. By the way, what was outside the Chemistry building. Wasn't there some demonstration? I forgot to check it out.

Surprisingly, I couldn't find much free stuff. I was expecting a lot. LOL.

Last edited:

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
The University of Sydney Open Day was pretty cool. I intended to go there to get more information and explore the campus but I just ended up walking about with my friends aimlessly around the quadrangle. Some pretty interesting stuff were going on. By the way, what was outside the Chemistry building. Wasn't there some demonstration? I forgot to check it out.

Surprisingly, I couldn't find much free stuff. I was expecting a lot. LOL.
Non-Newtonian liquid demonstration.

Ie, whacking cornflower/water mix with a mallet.

Also, adding different chemicals to two beakers to make one cold while the other becomes hot- endo and Exo reactions.

Web Addict

HSC
Non-Newtonian liquid demonstration.

Ie, whacking cornflower/water mix with a mallet.

Also, adding different chemicals to two beakers to make one cold while the other becomes hot- endo and Exo reactions.
Interesting.

What do you guys think the best part of the day was?

Makematics

HSC
Errr we went exploring a bit more, i didnt get to see the full vastness of the place, but yeah it was nice. Anyways the graffiti tunnel was cool!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
The USYD Video
'Why did you choose USYD?'
Guy writing on a chalk board and shows camera: 'BEER'

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
There was heavenly blessed beauty handing out water in the tunnel thing to where the other societies we located.

omg i died. inb4 she sees this.

#nostalker

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
There was heavenly blessed beauty handing out water in the tunnel thing to where the other societies we located.

omg i died. inb4 she sees this.

#nostalker
There were HBBs everywhere. Its part of their marketing campaign :p

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
The engineering lecturer was sah hot, like a sunrise

#realtalk

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Usyds campus was the shit! Really hoping i can study there in the future. I took the medical science and the lecture on commerce and liberal studies, both i found were pretty informative but daaaaamn them atar cut offs and the number of people who get accepted every year :alone: but afterwards we pretty much went around and grabbed a lot of freebies :) anyone else do that treasure hunt challenge where you have to take selfies in front of three different locations?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Usyds campus was the shit! Really hoping i can study there in the future. I took the medical science and the lecture on commerce and liberal studies, both i found were pretty informative but daaaaamn them atar cut offs and the number of people who get accepted every year :alone: but afterwards we pretty much went around and grabbed a lot of freebies :) anyone else do that treasure hunt challenge where you have to take selfies in front of three different locations?
When they had the student panel, every one was like 'da fck, why you all do comm/law?'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)