• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

anyone korean? anyone think i can get into soul uni with good grades??? (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I don't think you have a chance of getting into SNU. It is way more competitive to get into than Sydney U and UNSW. The same applies to National Taiwan University, University of Tokyo, Peking University, Tsinghua and Shanghai Jiaotong.

One reason why so many Korean families migrate here is the competition in Korea is > 10 time greater than in Australia! South Korea has a very high suicide rate.

Last edited:

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Boxer is actually tearing it up in SC2, really amazing to watch him play :D

Yeh, BW was still going strong until like 2 months ago when ICCUP disbanded :(
Legendary game I wish I knew about esports back in the day so I could have watched it, I feel like I missed so much :( :(
Yeah man i heard his got a team or something and SC2 and they won a comp. Oh well BW was good but yes it's a bit old now XDD pretty nice game made in the 90's. Transition to SC2 FTW!!!!!!!!!!! I watched starleague in Korea like since the 90's LOL XDD. I would watch boxer pwn noobs with his godly marines.

Did alot of the BW players in Korea go to SC2 ???? I know NaDa and boxer did

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes NaDa is going reasonably well, zergbong (if you remember him, I think he was somewhat of a failure) goes by the handle NesTea now and is the 2nd best player.
Yellow made a documentary about switching to SC2 but he's quite bad (relative to the pros), maybe in time he'll improve though (highly likely if he puts in the time).
PuMa (a B teamer who trained with Flash iirc) is going very well.
IdrA who was the best foreigner early owent through a significant slump the past few months but in the last 3 weeks or so it looks like he is back and better than ever.
Intotherainbow was good early on but seems to have faded away now.
Trickster/Tester was hyped up but rarely achieved or even played spectacularly imo.

Might be forgetting a few but jaedong and bisu etc are yet to switch over, they reckon pro bw will last another year if it's lucky cos MBC Game is disbanding (making it like the 4th to go this year) and the channel is becoming a music channel :(

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes NaDa is going reasonably well, zergbong (if you remember him, I think he was somewhat of a failure) goes by the handle NesTea now and is the 2nd best player.
Yellow made a documentary about switching to SC2 but he's quite bad (relative to the pros), maybe in time he'll improve though (highly likely if he puts in the time).
PuMa (a B teamer who trained with Flash iirc) is going very well.
IdrA who was the best foreigner early owent through a significant slump the past few months but in the last 3 weeks or so it looks like he is back and better than ever.
Intotherainbow was good early on but seems to have faded away now.
Trickster/Tester was hyped up but rarely achieved or even played spectacularly imo.

Might be forgetting a few but jaedong and bisu etc are yet to switch over, they reckon pro bw will last another year if it's lucky cos MBC Game is disbanding (making it like the 4th to go this year) and the channel is becoming a music channel :(
NOOOOO pro BW T.T.. OMGGGG BISU, JAEDONG AND FLASH XDDD.... they're my favorites!!! Argg i think it's time also that starleague gets disbanded for BW, it's a bit old now and SC2 will rock.

Omg so many good players in SC2 XD.. Im going to start watching it and going to order SC2 asap once hsc is finished next week.

I'm assuming your diamond right XD???

HSC
Uni Grad
NOOOOO pro BW T.T.. OMGGGG BISU, JAEDONG AND FLASH XDDD.... they're my favorites!!! Argg i think it's time also that starleague gets disbanded for BW, it's a bit old now and SC2 will rock.

Omg so many good players in SC2 XD.. Im going to start watching it and going to order SC2 asap once hsc is finished next week.

I'm assuming your diamond right XD???
I don't play (13 1v1s and only 1 this year) I will be playing in the holidays a lot tohugh acutally I might play some now and stop being a ladder fear ridden lamo.

teamliquid.net will give you any and all the info you need (and plenty you dont) regarding everything sc2 (as well as other games, tech help, international discussions on various shit and blogs about anything and everything).

If you start watching I recommend GSL (most weeknights at 8pm gomtv.net, new season starting soon, qualifiers happening now) with Artosis and Tasteless casting, the other ones are decent casters by themselves on youtube but are retarded as shit when they are live so if you watch them you probably wanna mute them. That may change with new casters comming and going though.

There are a ton of other events but you'll end up discovering them or I'll talk about it via PM or wall messages cos this is getting way off topic lol.

HSC
hahaha everyone here is posting shit

i had two friends who got into yonsei and korea with atars in the 70s. but if you wanted to apply to enrol for next year, im pretty sure it's too late. they usually hold the interviews late november/ early december and atar ISNT considered at all because it comes out too late...they use your school reports, written responses and academic references (check the information pack).. in the interview you just have to demonstrate you can speak korean and english, amongst other relevant things..

this is only applies for international students though..

edit: if i recall..the offers for seoul/yonsei/korea come out in mid-decemer for intl students..so thats why those two friends got in..despite havin fail atars..

Last edited:

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you have a chance of getting into SNU. It is way more competitive to get into than Sydney U and UNSW. The same applies to National Taiwan University, University of Tokyo, Peking University, Tsinghua and Shanghai Jiaotong.

One reason why so many Korean families migrate here is the competition in Korea is > 10 time greater than in Australia! South Korea has a very high suicide rate.
I can confirm this is true. This is why there is so many international students also from Korea coming Australia , USA and Canada. Chances of getting into top Korean unis (SKY) is pretty damn hard. You're competing against people who studied 10-14 hrs a day lol...

And yes alot of people migrate here because the education system in Australia is more flexible+easier and less stress. I can gurantee that Koreans are nuts and they don't study efficiently. They go all out quantity.

UNSW+USYD > Seoul uni anyday.

krnofdrg

HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha everyone here is posting shit

i had two friends who got into yonsei and korea with atars in the 70s. but if you wanted to apply to enrol for next year, im pretty sure it's too late. they usually hold the interviews late november/ early december and atar ISNT considered at all because it comes out too late...they use your school reports, written responses and academic references (check the information pack).. in the interview you just have to demonstrate you can speak korean and english, amongst other relevant things..

this is only applies for international students though..

edit: if i recall..the offers for seoul/yonsei/korea come out in mid-decemer for intl students..so thats why those two friends got in..despite havin fail atars..
What course sorry to ask did they get into? I don't see how Korean unis are even worth going when we have the best ones here :)))

Corvid

HSC
N/A
Lol I love how a discussion about getting into Seoul uni turns into a discussion about Starcraft.

LonelyWolf

HSC
I'm here :)..

Seoul University is very very very competitive all i know. It would be tough for foreigners also. I'd say high 90's for a descent chance. But i can gurantee the social life is pretty good in Seoul :) Tonnes better than sydney.

But why Seoul?? It's not even a good uni compared to Australian ones such as Sydney/UNSW and etc.
may i ask, why do you have korean in the sig and your sidebar?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Like everyone else has said you are probably better off going to UNSW, Usyd, UMelb or ANU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)