• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Applyin 4 UTS Bachelor of Accounting scholarship (1 Viewer)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
hey! btw, r there any b.acc students in BoS? coz im a first yr comm student in UNSW who wants to re-apply for the b.acc. last yr, i was made an offer but i intended to do actuarial @ unsw but after having most 1st yr to really decide wat i'd like to do in business, i wanna do Accounting @ UTS!!!! Do u think i have a chance of getting in again since i got into yr 2004's intake? ancz i really wanna do accounting! btw, any pplz think that i gotta fill out an application and go through an interview again?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
yep, i believe you have to reapply, there is no such thing for co-op as defering, so, i guess you will be competing with the curr. yr 12 for places, and having said this, the application must be handed in again and interview must be done again. Alternatives would maybe, having to try to contact the course coordinator, he/she may give you a "stressless" opportunitie. :)

Smudge

HSC
Pity you didn't choose accounting in the first place, especially when you were basically offered $34,500 to do it...
They don't usually take in people not from year 12... and no one from the year you are applying for has dropped out... so I guess if you did apply again you'd be with the year below (ie those applying for 1st year 2005)
And the coordinator (Gareth Prosser) is a nice reasonable man... you really should be emailing the course directly; that is through the www.bachelofaccounting.com website and not posting unanswerable questions (how are we meant to know if they'll let you in??) here.
SO yeah, go email them and I am sure Carin will tell Gareth to call you or email you with your options.
They are looking for people with initiative, so emailing or calling them would be a good starting point in showing them that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)