• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are Obama Supporters Racists&Discriminatory?? (2 Viewers)

Lukybear

HSC
Recently I've read a news report which I lost the link which quoted that almost 100% of all African Americans voted for Obama. This begs the question whether they were biased and voted for Obama due to his colour. If they were, then wouldnt they be racists?? As that they were being discriminatory, prefering Blacks over WHITES...

So what do you guys think...

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Of course millions of supporters overlooked policy and experience for the sheer opportunity to elect a Black President. Who knows if there will ever be an opportunity for this feat in the future?

I feel that, in large it was "because he's black". I don't see this as racist. What would of been racist is had they said "I'm not voting McCain because he's white"

The African-American population voted for something they feared would never happen again, and for someone that looked like them, spoke like them and grew up like them.

And to help accomplish MLK's dream. (Whose correlation to this victory is already cliche)

Lukybear

HSC
No see but thats the thing. Their not voting McCain because his white, instead preferring black>white. This election was mostly, and very largely based on the colour of the skin, not like usually, the character and sometimes (although very unlikely) the policies of the candidates.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Yes, blacks are the most racist people out.

It would be retarded for me to choose to vote for a PM candidate because they shared a similar racial background to me (remember, Obama is a different kind of black) and ignore that his/her policies and political standpoint were on the opposite side of the spectrum to my own.

Last edited:

Lukybear

HSC
chicky_pie said:
I saw some black people at the McCain rally, are they self hating coons? probably :p
Didnt say all blacks were racist... or perhaps putting it another way discrimintory...

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Lukybear said:
Recently I've read a news report which I lost the link which quoted that almost 100% of all African Americans voted for Obama. This begs the question whether they were biased and voted for Obama due to his colour. If they were, then wouldnt they be racists?? As that they were being discriminatory, prefering Blacks over WHITES...

thanks for the insight.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
ari89 said:
Yes, blacks are the most racist people out.

It would be retarded for me to choose to vote for a PM candidate because they shared a similar racial background to me (remember, Obama is a different kind of black) and ignore that his/her policies and political standpoint were on the opposite side of the spectrum to my own.
Ah yes, Obama's policies would spell disaster for the black community!

Blacks always vote democratic with huge margins

90:9 to Gore (00)
http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/how_groups_voted/voted_00.html

89:11 to Dukakis (88)

83:14 to Carter (80)

Combined with the whole emotional historic factor, it's a pretty obvious result.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Lukybear said:

Moron. 96% voted for Obama, while 90% always vote for Democrats in general.

You'd be hard-pressed to call them racist based on this data, because Obama also pulled larger numbers of youth and female support than previous Democrats.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think that voters could happily convince themselves that they were voting black on merit. He ran the better campaign and was assisted by a bunch of major externals. He never milked race like Hillary milked gender, or McCain milked militarism.

That being said, it seems pretty clear that his supporters would not have recognised a McCain victory as legitimate - no matter the circs - and would have totally rioted, unlike McCain's supposed KKKrowds

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
I think that voters could happily convince themselves that they were voting black on merit. He ran the better campaign and was assisted by a bunch of major externals. He never milked race like Hillary milked gender, or McCain milked militarism.

That being said, it seems pretty clear that his supporters would not have recognised a McCain victory as legitimate - no matter the circs - and would have totally rioted, unlike McCain's supposed KKKrowds
Well, that's because it would indicate electoral fraud (Obama won 7% of the popular vote and 364/365 of 538 electoral votes where 270 were needed to win - people knew those numbers, so a McCain victory would have been nothing short of riot-worthy).

A McCain loss had nothing to do with electoral fraud.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Na, the people knew shit about what the other 299,999,999 people were thinking, the bias of the media they listen to, what issues were persuasive to them etc.
Pollsters would have merely been lined up, along with anyone who plays the stockmarket, and shot for their witchcraft, and McCain would have called the army home to regain the major cities and track down Obama's cave in the mountains

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Yeah man those niggers are sure insane voting for someone like Obama

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Ball one doesnt support ball two, but they still go well together

nikolas

HSC
What about the dumb rednecks/kkk/racists/etc that didn't vote for him, just because he is black?

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
nikolas said:
What about the dumb rednecks/kkk/racists/etc that didn't vote for him, just because he is black?
They're also of low socio-economic backgrounds. There were reports of racists voting Obama - probably fell for the tax cut gimmick. Also, black nationalists voted McCain cause Obama (eventually) ditched Rev. Wright

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
black nationalists voted McCain cause Obama (eventually) ditched Rev. Wright

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
Statement 2 does not support statement 1.
GENIUS, DOM!

My personal story would never be associated with the struggle of black people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)