• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are Obama Supporters Racists&Discriminatory?? (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
JaredR said:
Of course millions of supporters overlooked policy and experience for the sheer opportunity to elect a Black President. Who knows if there will ever be an opportunity for this feat in the future?

I feel that, in large it was "because he's black". I don't see this as racist. What would of been racist is had they said "I'm not voting McCain because he's white"

The African-American population voted for something they feared would never happen again, and for someone that looked like them, spoke like them and grew up like them.

And to help accomplish MLK's dream. (Whose correlation to this victory is already cliche)
yep. your the dud who actually supports GWB and would re elect him for a 3rd time. please, keep your intellect stupidity with your self.

55HS

HSC
I'm sure there were a lot of black people who weren't voting on the issues... but then again I dare to say the vast majority of the population weren't either. I'm fairly shocked tbh that 54% of white people voted for McCain, he was simply not the best candidate so I think in this case I'd have to say the black population had the smarter pick.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
bigboyjames01 said:
yep. your the dud who actually supports GWB and would re elect him for a 3rd time. please, keep your intellect stupidity with your self.
I hated George W Bush. Dickwad.

Lukybear

HSC
JaredR said:
I hated George W Bush. Dickwad.
Well I guess history will tell on his actions, especially in IRAQ. Perhaps in 30 years, Iraq will become a great country cause of the removal of Sadam (very unlikely). Only time will tell....

rasengan90

HSC
Look at the statistics, in 2004 around 89% of African-Americans voted Kerry. This is obviously higher in 2008 but African-Americans generally support the Democrats anyway, I don't think race is a huge issue.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I heard that a large number of black people who had never voted before, voted for the first time as soon as the candidate had the same colour skin as them. Racists. It's kind of ironic that some people judged him for the colour of his skin, rather than the "content of his character".

But he would have won even without the 'racist' vote. A republican was not going to win.

Lukybear

HSC
Well you'll never know. Experience-wise McCain>Obama, but it was Obama's charism which lead his victory.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's just like how all Asians voted Krudd in because he could speak Mandarin (and yes I can say that because I'm Asian and no I didn't vote for him). But as people said, blacks have a history of voting Democrat and Obama simply was the better candidate. McCain might've won by himself, but with Palin, the general unpopularity of Bush and other Republicans, and just generally the people he was associating himself with, that would've been a really tall order to defeat Obama.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)