• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Are teachers biased? (1 Viewer)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
There's no bias at our school because english papers are randomised and they don't have names on them; only student numbers.
Of course, if they hate you that much, they could look up your number...but all english essays/creatives are double-marked anyway...here at least.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
CelltechFTW said:
seriously they are its pathetic if u ask me.. heres a personal experience..

i have a friend who done 4u english in 07, got 93 scaled mark for it, overall got a 98 UAI. he gave me his essay which was completely geniune all made by him, which he got 19/20 for at his school (which is a SELECTIVE school)..

i literaly submited the SAME essay to my teacher for a very similar assesment, i get my mark back and end up geting 13/20 ???

lmao can any1 see the irony in this lol...
Well, I don't know whether or not someone has stated the obvious, but perhaps it wasn't the same question. Perhaps you submitted his response, to a question which was about the same texts, but a totally different aspect of them. Sometimes, not answering the question, can dock you quite a couple of marks.

Then of course, there's the chance that your arrogance and boasting to other students may have made them dob you in to the teacher.

And considering how shit your English is, and the basic grammatical errors that you keep making - I suppose the only way you can do well in school is by copying others' essays. But good luck in the HSC exam, though.

u-borat said:
There's no bias at our school because english papers are randomised and they don't have names on them; only student numbers.
Of course, if they hate you that much, they could look up your number...but all english essays/creatives are double-marked anyway...here at least.
Same here, at our school.

Aznmichael92

HSC
i doubt anyone in my school is biased. Maybe one teacher who thinks if you write more, the better even though you are way over the word limit. i.e maximum word count is 2000, you can even go up to 4000 if u want and you should get more marks.

nigelbouche

HSC
Thowra said:
My teacher's such a dick, he says the stupidest things, and sometimes when my temper's up I can't help but snap at him. I've clashed with him twice, and I probably should stop getting angry, but will he be bearing a grudge? Will he start giving me crap marks becasue of this?
gay

tau281290

HSC
WannaBang? said:
If you are dissasfied with your mark and you have a genuine dispute, you should be able to get your paper remarked by another teacher. My school has the best system in place where you write a number instead of your name.

Just save your anger till the end of this year, and slash your teacher's tires. That's what I'm going to do.
My school also have this system (of course) but I find it kind of useless after doing so many english exams. The marker's class will ALWAYS get the highest average. They identify their own content that they teach and give them extra marks, as you know every teacher teaches in a different style.

When this happens, next time the other marker will reciprocate this. It will turn into a vicious cycle of teachers competing with each other. So, students are left at the mercy of their teachers.

Who knows what they do with the student numbers. May be they reveal it before even marking. Apparently, some crazy teacher claims that he can memorise all the student numbers =O

And if you think maths is totally objective, not really. Teachers are so competitive with their classes that they will just help their own students to gain more marks ruthlessly. Then again, it turns into vicious cycle.

Last edited:

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
He dislike's you because you are an asinine dullard.

The only way to get decent marks will be to let him pound you degradingly like the worthless whore you are.
wow, someone has issues at home.

aaaaaaaanyway, what i was going to say is that all teacher's a bias in some way. it's just like people in exams who have better writing are sometimes favoured over those with messy writing (in a very miniscule but still relevant way)

i have a teacher who hates my guts, hes just old, miserable and domineering and doesn't understand people challenging his rule. anyway, the BEST way to get back at a teacher is to do really well in the subject they teach you- so that they literally cannot give you bad marks. and if they still do, get someone to double mark it for you.

i think teachers can get fired for being overly bias...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)