• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ATAR estimate pls ☺☺ because I'm stressing (1 Viewer)

liamvalentine27

HSC
School rank - 300's

English Standard - 1/62
Community and Family Studies - 1/32
Biology - 14/50
Legal Studies - 12/24
General Maths - 16/70

Aiming for 80% in all exams in HSC (got around 85% for Standard English so far in my opinion)

Is an ATAR of 85+ possible? Thanks much appreciated

crying

HSC
My estimate will be really rough (sorry!). It depends on your external marks, really. Especially because of internal 1st rankings as well - your English and Com/Fam Studies marks could rely entirely on your own HSC exam marks if you get the top external mark from your school. If you do get the top external mark, how well your cohort does in those subjects could have no bearing on your HSC marks.

However, because English standard, community and family studies, legal (if you're the average of the state cohort) and general maths scale quite badly (they usually scale down), and because of your school's rank, I think it'll be quite hard to get an 85 ATAR. Even the students who state rank in English Standard, Com/Fam studies and general maths get scaled down. Biology scales quite well though but if you're an average student in the state cohort, it won't pull up your ATAR heaps.

My rough guess would be mid-60s to mid-70s but I could be 100% wrong.

Just try your best in all your external exams and help the rest of your grade as much as you can! Good luck, mate :)

Last edited:

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
My estimate will be really rough (sorry!). It depends on your external marks, really. Especially because of internal 1st rankings as well - your English and Com/Fam Studies marks could rely entirely on your own HSC exam marks if you get the top external mark from your school. If you do get the top external mark, how well your cohort does in those subjects could have no bearing on your HSC marks.

However, because English standard, community and family studies, legal (if you're the average of the state cohort) and general maths scale quite badly (they usually scale down), and because of your school's rank, I think it'll be quite hard to get an 85 ATAR. Even the students who state rank in English Standard, Com/Fam studies and general maths get scaled down. Biology scales quite well though but if you're an average student in the state cohort, it won't pull up your ATAR heaps.

My rough guess would be mid-60s to mid-70s but I could be 100% wrong.

Just try your best in all your external exams and help the rest of your grade as much as you can! Good luck, mate :)
Mid 60s? He could potentially get an ATAR higher than that with his ranks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)