• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Atar Estimate (1 Viewer)

O

Omed62

Hey Everyone!

I would like an Atar Estimate- My school rank isn't that great ( like 200+) but I have been studying hard as I want to get into medicine, I serious don't know how hard is it to even get 93 Atar or above.

Can I atleast get 90 Atar with these ranks, please try to be honest. Do you think it is still possible to get 90+ Atar. I have Trials worth 30% for sciences & English, 40% for for maths 2u/Ext 1. What should I do if I don't get a high Atar and good umat, does this mean I can't study medicine, I am so stress guys. Any tips on how should I study and smash the Trials.

Biology Rank: 14/45
Chemistry Rank: 7/16
Maths 2u Rank: 4/15
Maths Ext 1 Rank: 5/7
SOR 1U Rank: 20/46
English Advanced Rank: 40/50

Last edited by a moderator:

iheartOJ

HSC
Well I think your ATAR is looking at the mid-high 80s at the moment.
I think getting in the 90s is still possible but I would really recommend improving your english rank as much as possible because that will really impact on your ATAR. Also try to push up your ranks for SOR and bio but otherwise your other subjects look alright.

My family friend was in a similar situation as you. He performed very well in the UMAT but didn't get the ATAR he needed to get into the university he wanted for medicine so he ended up moving to Melbourne to study there (which is actually better for medicine apparently?). There's always other ways to get into the degree you want such as doing another course (e.g. pharmacy, medical science) then a postgraduate, have a look at your opportunities and attend university open days and ask the people there about what you should do, they probably can give you better advice!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)