• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

atar query (1 Viewer)

zodiacfound

HSC
so basically ive not done too well on my assessments im coming average for business,bio and english, top 2 in gen maths and bottom end for chemistry. My estimated atar is in the 78-85 range. oh and my schools 35th. But my question is if i actually study for the HSC and do drastically better than my assesments, can i pull my atar up to maybe a high 80 or even 90?
i dont know if HSC is worth studying for as i already did bad but if it is id like to know sooner than later
Cheers

jmccafe

HSC
I don't want to give you false hope, but I'd say it would be possible for you to get an ATAR in the 80's. That's if you really study your butt off though haha your marks also depend on how well your cohort does too, but assuming since your school is ranked 35th (mine was like in the 100s lol) I don't think that would be a problem. I'd say keep studying and do your best, you never know what might happen. I thought I would legit get the worst marks ever, especially for maths but I ended up passing and getting a reasonable ATAR. Good luck with your studies, and don't give up now when you're so close! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)