• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

B Arts/ B Law graduate twice or at the end? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Heya guys,
Does anyone know how graduation works for double degree students? The reason I ask is my friends at UWS tell me they have the choice of graduating twice (i.e. for the Arts after 3rd year and Law after 5th year) or once at the end. What is the deal with MQ?
Thanks people :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
nooo idea but i dont think it works like that since u'll be doing subjects from both ur degrees simultanously...

or maybe it doesnt work like that with law

best to ack mj or the law pplz of this thread like scarecrowofoz etc

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I only know the answer to this because I've just opted to graduate twice (to meet the requirements of a govt grad position).

You can opt to graduate with just your BA, but on the 'expect to complete' form you need to specify that you only want the BA, and will continue your LLB into the next year. Its really easy and if for some reason you cant do it then the graduation people will let you know. So they wont stuff up your LLB graduation.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Is there any reason why one is better than the other? Does it mean you're still consider undegrad law or do you have to pay as if it is grad?
If I am graduating from an Arts Degree with a major in sociology, is the colour of the academic dress trimming humanities or scmp?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Humanities from memory, since your degree is the Arts rather than B Arts in Media & Cul but I could be wrong.

I'd swap for our 'Begonia' colour :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
No, no price changes or anything, because you are still doing an undergrad law degree.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I want something other than Pink :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)