• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BA unit selections (1 Viewer)

PorkkChop

HSC
Hey,

What do the different level unit pools mean? At first I assumed that level 1 unit pool would be for the 1st year, level 2 for the second etc. but now I'm confused. In the major I'm looking at there's only one unit in the Level 1 Unit Pool and it isn't on this year. Does that mean I can't do that major?

Help?

Oooh and I'm looking at the English, Text and Writing major. It says I have to do a compulsory level 1 unit which is available this year in spring but there's only one other level 1 unit pool unit and it's not available at all. Does that mean I'm allowed to pick a unit from level 2 - 3?

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
The levels relate to the degree of difficulty and level of education undertaken. For example, level 4 and onwards are usually restricted to honours or postgraduate students. Level 1 will be a foundation unit (meaning no prerequisite knowledge) whereas level 2 or 3 will require it (although there are level 2 subjects with no prerequisites, although this is rare).

I've looked at the subjects in your major and all the level 2's ask for 60 credit points completed, so you could not complete any level 2 subjects until second year. I would email the head of your program or courseadvicehal@uws.edu.au in this case, as I cannot imagine why Approaches to Text would not be offered like it has been in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)