• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bachelor of Social Science (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
I don't believe you were. And if you were, I don't see why. Using sarcasm in such a way would do nothing to prove you argument since it was irrelevant to the issue at hand. Either way, its over now.
I was. You need to shut up now kthx.

melsc said:
Cool more people who want to do Criminology :)
Is it true its a very small class??? Like 40 pplz?
Nope. It's pretty popular... definitely more than 40 people.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
If not criminologist then what???
Jobs in policy analysis, social research, juvenile justice, Australian Federal Police, criminal justice, corrections and parole, police and investigative agencies etc.

L

LaraB

lol good luck with becoming a criminologist - lol even more luck to those nutus who think they can become forensics.. ther's a whole dozen jobs if that vacant :rolleyes: and unless you're a HD student with links you got no hope of getting anywhere near it

have a look in the UAC guide - it has a basic outline of what you can do with courses to whoever posted "if not criminologist, then what?" there's usually a doezn or so occupations listed for most courses as possibilities

L

LaraB

Annegelic said:
I was. You need to shut up now kthx.

Nope. It's pretty popular... definitely more than 40 people.
did u mean tute by 'class' Melsc? coz that's a HUUUGEE tute! mine have like 25 and that's way over what the tutors and the uni want

more popular courses have lectures of student numbers in the huundreds at more than one campus... criminology seems quiute popular so i doubt its only 40

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
LaraB said:
lol good luck with becoming a criminologist - lol even more luck to those nutus who think they can become forensics.. ther's a whole dozen jobs if that vacant :rolleyes: and unless you're a HD student with links you got no hope of getting anywhere near it
aww... way to shoot down people's hopes and dreams of becoming a criminologist (i.e hiphop) :p

yeah if melsc meant 40 in the whole unit.... no, it's hundreds. about 25+ per tute, which the max. is supposed to be about 21-22.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Jobs in policy analysis, social research, juvenile justice, Australian Federal Police, criminal justice, corrections and parole, police and investigative agencies etc.
Hello, I have read the UAC and Job guides I want to know what HE specifically wants to do with the degree if not becomming a Criminologist :rolleyes:

LaraB said:
did u mean tute by 'class' Melsc? coz that's a HUUUGEE tute! mine have like 25 and that's way over what the tutors and the uni want

more popular courses have lectures of student numbers in the huundreds at more than one campus... criminology seems quiute popular so i doubt its only 40
I meant kinda the uni equivalent of a year for example there is 20 ppl in my legal class but 38 in the year, I don't know what she was talking about...when she said that I looked at her like WTF

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Do you want to become a criminologist hiphop?

not exactly but i want to work with detectives or a policy advisor (i want to sub-mjaor in social policy)

dont be put off bye laraB's or annes comments, they aren't criminologists so how the hell would they know :p

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well in all the info I got at open day there was a book of areas of study that are expected to be in demand and criminology was one of them :)

I think it looks really interesting and will compliment a law degree nicely

L

LaraB

hiphophorray123 said:
not exactly but i want to work with detectives or a policy advisor (i want to sub-mjaor in social policy)

dont be put off bye laraB's or annes comments, they aren't criminologists so how the hell would they know :p
its called statiistics you idiot...

neither are you so how would you know that what your saying is right?...
just coz u do the course..oh wait you don't.... but even if you did it doesn'ty mean that someone who doesn't doesn't know about it... duh i'm doing law they're highly interrelated....

i didn't say you can't be criminologist/forensic i said more or less it's shit hard to get a decent job in it here due to a lack of demand for the profession as relatively few individuals are required in the industry and few individuals leave the profession each year

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Well in all the info I got at open day there was a book of areas of study that are expected to be in demand and criminology was one of them :)

I think it looks really interesting and will compliment a law degree nicely
mel just to clarify since hiphophooray seems to infer that i said 'criminology' is a useless course...

i said "Criminologists n forensics" - ie SPECIFICALLY those people in those named occupational positions are not in high demand...

of couse there are plenty of other jobs you can get doing criminology.... but there's a big difference between doing criminology at uni and wanting to be a criminologist.....

PS - mel careful when you look at 'areas of study in demand' - that doesn't mean that the occupation is in demand of employees etc... it simply means they expect the popularity of the area of study ie the uni course to bein high demand:)

so eg international law is in high demand as an area of study.. but very very very few people go into the profession and the profession is not an area of high demand in many areas

Kally17

HSC
robbie1 said:
im currently in year 12 and am considering doing this course at UWS because im interested in criminology. if anyone does it could you just tell me a little about it

thanks
Hey Robbie! I have friends doing the criminology course and they really enjoy it! There's some course info at this site: http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=4503.1

In terms of sport courses, UWS has Bachelor of Applied Science in Sports Studies and Bachelor of Health Science (PDHPE). If you go to the websites below that will provide you with the info you need.
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=4557.1
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=4549.1

Hope that helps!

HSC
pms makes me proud to be a male

if people want to do something, dont say something to put them off track, be supportive, the tinyest comments can change peoples lives.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)