• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bad internal mark but high external mark? (1 Viewer)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Hi

What happen if we get bad internal mark but high external mark?
Does the board of study consider this factor to determine the UAI as well?
I mean, I know about mark moderation etc,but if we have big gap between those marks,will we get special consideration so the UAI would be higher?

and are the universities will consider this as well?
For example,person A get internal mark 60 and external mark 90 for Chemistry,thus person A's HSC mark for chemistry is 75
Do the universities will take a look at this so person A get special consideration eventhough his/her UAI is below the UAI-cut off?

thx a lot

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
its 50/50 so if u get 20 in internal and 100 in external, u end up with 60

HSC
dhampoet said:
Hi

What happen if we get bad internal mark but high external mark?
Does the board of study consider this factor to determine the UAI as well?
I mean, I know about mark moderation etc,but if we have big gap between those marks,will we get special consideration so the UAI would be higher?

and are the universities will consider this as well?
For example,person A get internal mark 60 and external mark 90 for Chemistry,thus person A's HSC mark for chemistry is 75
Do the universities will take a look at this so person A get special consideration eventhough his/her UAI is below the UAI-cut off?

thx a lot
then it would depend on your rank. correct me if im wrong but if you came first internally and got 60, and you got 90, as i understand it your internal mark would be brought up to 90 and you would get 90 overall. if you are somewhere in the middle to the lower end your internal mark would probably stay the same and they will take the average of that and external.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
the internal mark I said is the moderated mark that is released by Bos

so basically BoS would not consider it?
how about universities?do they consider this as well?

For example the person A gets 60 of UAI,he gets bad mark in his moderated internal mark due his ranks,but he studied hard and get band 6 in each of his subject
do the universities consider it?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i had shite internals but ended up with a good UAI because of my high external marks, the relatively good scaling of my subjects and the moderation of the internals by the Board. My English internal mark was maybe 15 marks higher than what my school submitted with a middle ranking (they shouldn't have shown me lol)

Also lol @ the first reply. HSC: 2008.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
HSC
bos' moderated internal mark has taken both internal and external rank/marks into account. the hsc mark is an average of your internal and external marks.

uni's *might* consider good exam results but it depends what you want to get into.

it's probably easier if you tell us what course you are looking to get into at uni? and we could probably say how you can get in if you don't quite get the uai...

jbax89

HSC
watatank said:
bos' moderated internal mark has taken both internal and external rank/marks into account. the hsc mark is an average of your internal and external marks.

uni's *might* consider good exam results but it depends what you want to get into.

it's probably easier if you tell us what course you are looking to get into at uni? and we could probably say how you can get in if you don't quite get the uai...

on the point of the courses and how to get into them with a bodgey UAI (sorry to hijack post) but if i was to get into law with a rather shitty UAI (lets say 65-70) what pathways or other things are available? if you want ill make another post with my current situation but right now im sorta pissed at it :burn:anyways cheers in advance for the help, i got backup plans if it goes downhill but yeh =\..

-JD

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
how about say for instance if u were ranked like 12381230912/ 90123801230213923 [ie very near lsat out of a huge group] but you ended up getting the highest external mark outof that pack...

i heard that i that scenario when there was a huge distinction between internal and external [ie exteranl alot better than internal] that the internal was disregarded.?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
how about say for instance if u were ranked like 12381230912/ 90123801230213923 [ie very near lsat out of a huge group] but you ended up getting the highest external mark outof that pack...

i heard that i that scenario when there was a huge distinction between internal and external [ie exteranl alot better than internal] that the internal was disregarded.?
I'm not sure about that, haven't heard it before, you'll have to ask someone like Ragerunner for that kind of info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)