• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

band 5 in standard english (1 Viewer)

krazie_kenji

Can someone answer me this.
I got to a school were out of 150 students 135 do advanced.
I do standard and got ranked 1 in the course. My teacher seems to be a relatively hard marker but I guess its hard to tell.
Is it still possible to get a band 5/6 in english or what?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
krazie_kenji said:
Can someone answer me this.
I got to a school were out of 150 students 135 do advanced.
I do standard and got ranked 1 in the course. My teacher seems to be a relatively hard marker but I guess its hard to tell.
Is it still possible to get a band 5/6 in english or what?
Like I said before, as long as you kill the AOS and at least sustain that within the Modules, then you're definitely in with a good chance.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
9% got band 5 last yr in my school, but i dunno, im above average, dunno if id be able to cut a band 5 :-/

Necros87

meh
HSC
N/A
me being mathamatically minded and totaly english illiterate think i have worked out the scaleing process

1st, the person that gets top mark in the hsc test gets scaled up to 100 and all other marks are scaled depending on the distance between each person

2nd. they get your schools average mark of the test and the average assesment mark, they then ajust the assesment mark to the same as the test mark

3rd. the test mark is added to the adjusted assesment mark, and then put into this stupid band sistem and sent out to all the expecting ppls

and thats how i think it hapens, but realy, 10 and 45 are both band 1 so i fgure thats wat im gonna get however they are scaled in my favor

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
*crosses fingers for a band 5* i have to come approx. top 15 in grade to get that and theres around 165 ppls *sob* o wells :-/

danieljarvis

HSC
MuffinMan said:
*crosses fingers for a band 5* i have to come approx. top 15 in grade to get that and theres around 165 ppls *sob* o wells :-/
good luck dude! i need to blitz the exams also to get a band 5! sucks huh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)