• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bands/Musicians That Should've Lasted Longer (2 Viewers)

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Argonaut said:
You can't really change these two since Aaliyah died in a plane crash and one member of TLC died in a car accident.
Oh shit, TLC aren't destiny's child?

Pierotte

HSC
slip said:
Jane's Addiction
Smashin Pumpkins
Nirvana
Blink 182 (there last ablum was there most musically sound)
Crowded House
Jeff Buckley
The Pixies
Jimi Hendrix
Take out blink and add
blind melon
zeppelin
queen
nick drake ( yeah i know his technically not a band ... but hey)

thats all i can think of for now.

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Argonaut said:
It's possible that the other two memebers of TLC became Destiny's Child after the accident, but I was under the impression they stopped singing out of respect for her.
Totally a joke man.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey Pierotte, you said zeppelin. i belive that their period of time ended right when it shouldve. so that they remained the best band of the 70's. if they continued i honestly belive, and bein a huge zep fan, their music wouldve sucked. or they wouldve broken up. their end was perfect, yet tragic, but it did leave them on top. their last album ITTOD was number one and so it left a legacy one that bands like Rolling stones and ACDC etc. should learn from.

Pierotte

HSC
Led-Zep said:
hey Pierotte, you said zeppelin. i belive that their period of time ended right when it shouldve. so that they remained the best band of the 70's. if they continued i honestly belive, and bein a huge zep fan, their music wouldve sucked. or they wouldve broken up. their end was perfect, yet tragic, but it did leave them on top. their last album ITTOD was number one and so it left a legacy one that bands like Rolling stones and ACDC etc. should learn from.
ah i guess on a technical side your right... but im clingy, i wanted more.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ACDC are still writing songs and playing as hard as it gets. Given they are getting on, they enjoy writing and touring and performing, why not continue

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
how do u think i feel, pierotte! ofcourse id love more. if only they couldve stayed in the 70-73 period, and somehow keep makin music to this day and not age....damn stupid time it has to progress..
The ACDC thing, they havnt been good since Back in black, the only decent song theyve done since is thunderstruck and the spanish tour which was good. seriously they sound theyve sounded the same for so long. but they were good once, till i realised that most of there songs sound so simliar. that put me off. but they were great..in the bon scott days that is

spiny norman

HSC
Led-Zep said:
how do u think i feel, pierotte! ofcourse id love more. if only they couldve stayed in the 70-73 period, and somehow keep makin music to this day and not age....damn stupid time it has to progress..
You don't like Physical Graffiti?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
no i love it, but durin the 70-73 period they were at their best, musically, plant still had his voice, page wasnt so into herroine that it affected his playin. they were truelly at their best. but PG and Presence are great albums.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
Led-Zep said:
The ACDC thing, they havnt been good since Back in black, the only decent song theyve done since is thunderstruck and the spanish tour which was good. seriously they sound theyve sounded the same for so long. but they were good once, till i realised that most of there songs sound so simliar. that put me off. but they were great..in the bon scott days that is

what about Stiff Upper Lip?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
seriously they sound theyve sounded the same for so long. but they were good once, till i realised that most of there songs sound so simliar. that put me off. but they were great..in the bon scott days that is
I tend to think theres this stigma into "sounding the same=bad" Whats wrong with sounding like they did, as you said since theyre early days? If you liked the older days, then why not now? I dont mean to personally attack you or anything, im interested since its one of the questions for my essay :)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Stuart Zender, the bass player on the first three jamiroquai albums. That guy had an awesome sense of groove but then he just disapeard off the scene.

wanton-wonton

HSC
JoeysBoy said:
Eagle eye Cherry... *wipes a tear*
I swear, the singer from Eagle Eye Cherry looks sooooooooooo much like Kirk Hammett. Here, take a look at this:

E.E.C.:

Kirk Hammett:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)