• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bec Cartwright = Jesus resurrected? (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Cartwright to build orphanage: report
16:47 AEDT Sun Feb 6 2005

Home and Away actress Bec Cartwright is reportedly planning to build an orphanage in Cambodia for young AIDS sufferers.

The idea arose after Cartwright visited Vietnam with the AIDS Trust of Australia, according to a report in the Sunday Herald Sun.

"What hurt me the most was the discrimination. Kids with AIDS weren't allowed in the public swimming pools," Cartwright told the newspaper.

"After seeing that I knew I could make a difference in other places and I decided on Cambodia."

The orphanage will accommodate 62 children, the newspaper said.

Cartwright, who last week became engaged to Australian tennis ace Lleyton Hewitt, said she was excited she could help the Cambodian children.

"We will be involved from scratch, starting off with the land, the building and then feeding the kids," she said.

"It will be unreal.

"My (Vietnam) visit was an eye-opener and it changed how I saw things. It really upset me. They were amazing, incredible kids with so much courage. I didn't know anything about AIDS and I've learned so much...

"It is a terrific feeling to be able to do this and I want to do more."

HSC
absolution* said:
thats because shes black, and we all know jesus was no hoodlum jay-z faggot baseball cap cap yo ass black man

why, because i have 'hiphop' in my username do i have to be classified as some loser who talks like that?

but my point is, that's a good thing she's doing, i mean it's not the greatest, but it's better than shit that people like paris hilton are doing. Why would you mock her for doing something like this?

stamos

sellout
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
why, because i have 'hiphop' in my username do i have to be classified as some loser who talks like that?

but my point is, that's a good thing she's doing, i mean it's not the greatest, but it's better than shit that people like paris hilton are doing. Why would you mock her for doing something like this?
i agree with hiphop on both counts, even though one was a rhetorical question

it's the vibe eh

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
It's great what she did

I still think she looks like a shrew.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:

Im not mocking her for starting up an orphanage. Im mocking her for publicising it in an attempt to become Australia's new princess of wank.

Carlito

HSC
omfg, as soon as media interest in her and lleyton dies down she has to get back on the publicity bandwagon.

Although, its good what shes doing I guess, but im wondering what the real reasons behind her doing it are. If its just for publicity.

HSC
absolution* said:
"It is a terrific feeling to be able to do this and I want to do more."[/I]

i do not know if she was sincere when making this comment or not, but it does feel good to help people, especially when you have the ability to make a difference for someone. She feels good about it, i doubt she's saying something like 'haha im going to increase my popularity and capatilise on this chairty shit, i don't really give a shit about the children or the fkn cause, im just glad i don't have AIDS, it's fo my gain, MINE MINE MINE not theirs' in her mind. Just because she's a celebrity, blonde, and poses in magazine and is one of those 'image girls' doesn't mean she can't have a heart.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol, probably has a new album coming out soon or something :rolleyes:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
Just because she's a celebrity, blonde, and poses in magazine and is one of those 'image girls' doesn't mean she can't have a heart.
Her heart isnt the problem, its the brains...

Fry

she's a hypocrite. i remember a few years back she said that she'll never shed her clothes for a men's magazine. go figure. :rolleyes:

Carlito

HSC
oh thats right I saw on the news she was gonna be in FHM.... has anyone got the pictures from FHM?

spell check

HSC
i don't get the title "Jesus resurrected"

wasn't he resurrected already

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)