• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Beck Lovers Unite! (1 Viewer)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Woohoo, lets all share our love of Beck and our excitement the pending release of new album 'Guero'! Personally, Sea Change is one of my favourite albums ever, so I don't think there'll be any topping of that but I am still rather excited! And the man is now a husband and father, so it's all coming along nicely for him, isn't it? :)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Haha, he had yet another son today. Cruise I think the name was. Weird, weird name...

artfag

Banned
HSC
guero isn't that good really, better than seachange though, which i found to be pretty boring

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Haha, aww, I think that 'Cruise Hansen' sounds alriighhtt... hehe. Are you into his music? Got any albums etc? And yeah, "everybody's gotta learn sometimes' is a fabulous song! Beck does the whole depressing/heartbroken song thing extremely well!

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Hmmm.. maybe Im just into the whole "boring/broken-hearted" musician thing! Haha. So far ive only heard Epro from the new album, and I quite like it. But then again, I really dont like Odelay, and I know that's the album that had all the rave reviews blah blah.... I did love Midnite Vultures though... Now, 'Debra' is a greeaat song!

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Well, If you are interested, the album Sea Change is quite similar in style to that of Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes and even Mutations is kinda the same-ish. If you get a chance, let me know what ya think!

HSC
"I'm sorry that song doesn't usually last 3 hours but we got into a serious thing... and then I forgot how it ended"

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Damn it, I have never seen that episode! Tom, you must lend it to me... And do you have all the Beck albums? I just have never been able to listen to the whole of odelay fully through...maybe i should give it another chance?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
"apparently ive been making fine jewellery for years..."

""wheres the device that allows you to travel back in time?"
"under the steering wheel (pulls out bongs for you at home that dont know)"

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Hehe. Ok
Odelay = tres overrated
Sea Change = brilliant (Paper Tiger and Lonesome Tears especially)
Midnite Vultures = Great to dance to
Mutations = very good, a mix of the old and new
Guero = ? Apparently it's also a mix of Odelay/Sea Change, but i dunno...

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Hehe, tiney225, I also love the golden age, such a good opener! Little One is a really good song too! ps. Yay Interpol!! You must be a Carlos fan, yes? I am currently trying to download interpol music videos, with varying degrees of success....
Plus, Tom, I can't really expain it that well, but Im guessing that it's because Odelay was one of the last Beck albums i got, so I kind of always felt that it was below par compared to the rest... also, its just so... white boy rap style... hehe.

kittycat552

i think carlos is quite fine... brooding, mysterious and gorgeous

you have great taste!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)