• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Belonging Speech (1 Viewer)

etoile rouge

HSC
Anyone else have an assessment on belonging where you have to make a speech and talk about how your related text has broadened your understanding of the concept and the learning process you undertook to analyse the texts?
Plus there is a portfolio to fill out.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yup, I had to do a speech on a very similar sort task for Belonging last year when I was still in school. In fact the Class of 2010 at my school this year has to do the same thing.

etoile rouge

HSC
The criteria says " highly specific and articulate reflection on their process of learning" but i mean i say it all in about one sentence. I'm worried i don't meet the criteria. Whats there to say really? I just say I first read the text and wrote notes then brainstormed. !!!!???

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Try for something more meaninful:

When I first encountered this belonging module, my impression of Belonging was the physical interaction between groups of individuals in a clique. But from reading my texts such as ____ and ____, I began to realise that there are more facets of belonging, that are shaped by cultural, historical and social contexts. Belonging to a culture, or an ideal, or a sense of heritage can instill a sense of ease and comfort in an individual, more than just belonging to a group can.

Something like that (I totally bullshitted that btw).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)