• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best cash in hand jobs (1 Viewer)

FTHRW8

HSC
N/A
Find someone in the construction industry. I'm currently working for mymate who owns a demolition business, 8am-2pm, 200 a day cash in hand. Not easy work, but the short shift makes up for it.

Unfortunately haven't been able to get onto sites for the last few days due to rain.

Anyway, best cash in hand -> Construction, or even process work in warehouses which I used to do last year.

Edit- Need to have your own car to at least drive to sites, public transport doesn't cut it. After that if you're moving tools from site to site, you'll be provided with a company car in the majority of places. (Manual licence also helps keep options open ;))

Last edited:
HSC
If you can score a job in a classy hotel, you can get decent tips ($20-$50 per booking) on top of your pay...

Otherwise, the only thing i can think of is teaching little kiddies how to play the piano/violin/etc.

FTHRW8

HSC
N/A
Master Yoda said:
whats process work?

and wot kidna work do u do in construction

i dont really wanna be lifting bricks and heavy shit all day thatd suck
Process work- Repetitive work such as assembling. I used to do general warehouse duties and assembling pumps over the last summer.

Now, just generally helping out the other guys with moving shit, tearing down shit, moving tools from site to site. Kind of an all-rounder seeing as Im only doin it for my mate over the summer.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Are the extra few dollars you get cash in hand worth not being covered in case of accidents and missing out on a whole heap of other rights you gain from doing it properly?

Go into agriculture if you want cash in hand although a lot of places have clamped down on it you could probably still find some chipping or picking jobs if you're tough enough that will pay cash in hand.

Other cash in hand jobs include being a human test subject or doing market research focus groups.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
what about babysitting? i get paid 50 bucks for watching 2 toddlers for 4 hours from 6-10. they go to bed at 7. i watch tv

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Yeh babysitting
Try this site if you are looking into it.. I've had a couple of people ask me but I was unavailable both nights.. easy money (if you have the patience)

Skeeta

HSC
oh god i've had a bad babysitting experience

my parents were goin out with another couple who had three kids under about 7. They were really timid and shy when the parents were around, so my dad was muckin around with em saying "throw stuff everywhere, jump on the beds its fun!" (Jokin obviously)

i dont think the kids knew how to take a joke because the minute the old folks left they went feral jumping and throwin stuff around everywhere saying "your dad told me to and he's the boss"

oh fun times... :S

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
tutoring...but i like babysitting better. you dont have to think at all. though i havent done it in a while and when i did i fell asleep on the couch lol but woke up when the parents came home and tried to look awake when i went downstairs to say hello

HSC
fixing computers is fun, depends if your customers are dodgy, don't disregard some customers. you find that one might own a business / work for a business that needs computer help, and would rather get you t ofix it all because they know your work is good [if you did a good job] than find others.

there was this old lady i helped fixed her computer, it involved just installing a USB card (her old ones blew up) and installing a printer, her son the owner of a business asks me to go fix a dozen of his computers at $200 a computer !

Collin

HSC
N/A
For an average HSC student's ability, work experience and qualifications, tutoring should definitely top the list. Well, unless you're an idiot who's doomed to go shit in the exams, you should be able to earn some good cash in hand. Students who are top performers can charge into the $30-$40/hr range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)