• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

best music in a film... (1 Viewer)

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
The sountracks to Naked Lunch and Eraserhead both suit the films perfectly.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
oh good. I'm not too iffy about people downloading music, but when you really LOVE the music...

I dunno. I'm just considering my future, with my B Music (Composition) and aspiring to be a film music composer...

:(

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
oh good. I'm not too iffy about people downloading music, but when you really LOVE the music...

I dunno. I'm just considering my future, with my B Music (Composition) and aspiring to be a film music composer...

are you going to go thru an experimental stage that involves lsd??? all the great artists did it

you must too

jack white

After Hours
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

where are you doing your degree? is it fun? i want to do music/film/literature studies and criticism at uni - any tips with the music side of things?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jack white said:
where are you doing your degree? is it fun? i want to do music/film/literature studies and criticism at uni - any tips with the music side of things?
I'm doing it at the Conservatorium of Music (one of the campuses of Sydney Uni). There are 14 places in average every year, based on 2 majorworks - the score and possibly a recording (and I did four of each), your interview, and your uai as a guide.

It's very interesting, and I think it will get even better when i get to work with the performers that study there. They play your compositions and what not :) Hold concerts and stuff. In fact, there's a concert to perform first year compositions thing coming up for me... a bit scary...

I wouldn't know about advice. I'm not exactly successful yet to go and give advice! Lol. I'd just say work on a particular style, and be as experimental as you can be.

As for when I'm one day in the industry, with any luck, I'll make sure none of my music is on kazaa. Composers are usually poor! I'll slap that fancy copy-proof stuff, or at least a license requirement, where you can only copy it ten times. :p

and lsd, yeah, experimental stage is definatley pending for me

Last edited:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
if you're into art music - the donnie darko soundtrack - excellent
and also i love danny elfman's music, especially like from 'the nightmare before christmas'. i love those songs!!! (and the movie)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)