• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

best way to record 2-3 hour lectures? (1 Viewer)

N.U.G.

HSC
should I get a mini disk or MP3 player with record facilities?

anybody have any suggestions???

thanks!!

klh

HSC
dunno.
most of my lectures are quite shorter than what the lecturers say.
i just used the trusty tape recorder since i record and i pause when i need to

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
many mp3 players have limited recording facilities- i doubt it will record a 3hour lecture.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Firstly let me say I am a PC user, well that should have made what I'm about to say a pretty easy guess.

Get a ipod and a mic for it, you can record all your lectures for a month on it.

ipods really are best bang for buck in the mp3 player market and compared to tape recorders and other mp3/MD players they are just dead sexy.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Good old pen and paper ?

Writing notes probably gets them into your head more than listening to a tape, but if you want to record them, I agree with addymac. Get an Ipod if you don't already have one.

If you're not willing to go that high in price, plenty of smaller MP3 players with voice recording ability that can record for pretty long depending on quality. Shouldn't need too high quality for voice anyway, so fitting stuff on shouldn't be a problem if you get a good player.

N.U.G.

HSC
what's the deal with the Ipod and other MP3 player batteries? I heard they cark it after a year and then the unit is useless???

MedNez

HSC
N/A
The time really varies. They're supposed to last for around three or so years with heavy use (around 500 full recharge cycles, that is, dead battery -> full), but with light use, _should_ give 7+ years.

Two of my friends have had 3rd Gen Ipods since they came out, and haven't had any battery related problems, and I've had my 4th Gen Ipod for about 2 months now, it's great.

By the time your battery dies, you're probably going to want to invest in a new player that's more advanced and better anyway.

N.U.G.

HSC
MedNez said:
The time really varies. They're supposed to last for around three or so years with heavy use (around 500 full recharge cycles, that is, dead battery -> full), but with light use, _should_ give 7+ years.

Two of my friends have had 3rd Gen Ipods since they came out, and haven't had any battery related problems, and I've had my 4th Gen Ipod for about 2 months now, it's great.

By the time your battery dies, you're probably going to want to invest in a new player that's more advanced and better anyway.
cool thanks

3 or 4 years heavy use to 7 years light use is MUCH more reasonable than one year like i heard. yeah thats cool then

thanks

MedNez

HSC
N/A
Yeah looks good, 1.5gb is enough for voice recording. You can always play around with it anyway to see how much space voice is using. You *may* need a better mic plugged into it, if it allows a mic to get the best audio quality - never tried digitally recording sound in a large theatre before, dunno how clear it might be.

N.U.G.

HSC
arrrrrgh!!!

after much study and research, I had chosen the above MP3 player but it has been discontinued by the supplier!!!

back to the drawing board...

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)