• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BigW Questions (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
whoa, heaps!!!, I like the Leisure one, If it was checkouts or nothing well then its going to be checkouts

ellie-maye

HSC
recovery is like cleaning the store after it closes and for like 2 hrs during the store being open.

so in apparel: pulling everything forward, in the right spot, getting rid of rubbish, folding etc...just fixing it after the customers have been through.

Apparel, i believe, is the hardest to do recovery effectively in.

Recovery is crap. 3 hr shifts that ruin the day..like i was doing 3 days a week and it was tough...much rather just work all day sunday and still get paid more and not lose my week days. In terms of balancing school work etc.

Why do you want to work so much, ur still at school?

ellie-maye

HSC
checkouts is the least desirable! u should get better with that retail qualification...

try to get leisure. It's my favourite

P

pLuvia

Working in retail is the worst full stop

Recovery is good if you hate customers stupid whining and bickering.

Checkout is good if you want to taste some customer's bitterness and maybe backlash at them

Apparel can really be a bitch, esp if there are more than one people who want you to help them. Like you could helping a customer with something and then another customer will ask you for help and when you can't they sometimes get pissed. Usually I don't even give a shit about them if I finished helping a customer before them

Last edited by a moderator:

johony

HSC
pLuvia said:
Apparel can really be a bitch, esp if there are more than one people who want you to help them. Like you could helping a customer with something and then another customer will ask you for help and when you can't they sometimes get pissed. Usually I don't even give a shit about them if I finished helping a customer before them
If you're working anywhere on the floor, then you'll get customers doing that very often.

I've just been moved to Photo lab, and i love it; it's extremely easy once you understand how to do certain things (changing paper, filling water, etc) . Home entertainment is a great place to start off, although you may need to learn things quickly.

P

pLuvia

They shoved me home intertainment once, I was so clueless and nobody seemed to want to help me because it was during xmas rush
Photolab seems ok

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Question- What does BigW's part timers hours usually hang around at for Recovery Associate??

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
milocole said:
I was waiting for a stupid answer like that, and no I dont think I would want to ask them at 8pm on a Public Holiday, with no store in a 2hour radious of me and only have time to apply tonight. The guys on here are much more informative and we are all one big community. Also people on here can tell me about experiences and other things that BigW wont. I dont think id have the guts to call them anyway haha
um, you suck a mean cock??

nuff said.

jannny

HSC
For me worst areas for recovery (from hardest to easiest)

Toys
Footwear
Apparel
Confectionary
Menswear
Motoring/Sport/Camping

I wanna be in checkouts recovery is crap.

Good thing is they let me have one shift a week since I got uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)