• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bio prac on thursday (Structures in plants) (1 Viewer)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Ok on thursday of this week(24th) we are doign another practical and the outcome is. Perform a first-hand investigation to gather information about structures in plants that assist in the conservation of water.

What will i be doing in this experiment, will i be playing wiht plants and disecting them or anything. what is the approach of this outcome.

DraconisV

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Generally the outcome wants students to learn about the structures on the plant that assist them to conserve water, such as hairy leaves, thick and waxy cuticle, stomata (microscopic work) etc.

Look around your backyard and see if you can find any plant adaptations and explain to yourself how these structure assist in water conservation!

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
ok, so we'll just be looking at plants and the adaptations of how they conserve water. hmm, we observe we write notes, my discussion is gonna be like one page (Jehebus!!).
I'm loving the pracs we're doing, we've done 5 so far this term, ive gotten 10/10 in one and 9/10 in the others. I lost my marks in the others coz of drawing the graphs and diagrams in pen, ahh i dont use pencil, dammit.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I hate biological drawing as well. Make sure you clearly label your diagram. Including a scale.

For example, say you may have to daw a stomate, label the chloroplasts (if observed), the guard cells, the surrounding epidermal cells.

Good luck.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
thx guys, i hope i wont make the same mistakes as i already have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)