• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Biochemistry Tut times (1 Viewer)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hi all,

This question is directed somewhat to BIOC2101 (Adv Biochem) students. Would you know if it's important to book Tutorial 1 in Week 1,3,5, etc then 2 in the alternate week? Or Vice Versa? (i.e. in favour of Exam times?)

Because I'm still juggling around with the tut times, since it's also connected to the lab times (i.e. if you choose tutorial 1, it would decide which lab you're going to).

P.s. If you still have your Biochem book, perhaps I can buy it off you or borrow on a 1-semester-interest-free book loan? ;)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hmmm. I think they changed the enrolment system this year? All we have to do is to enrol in a lab spot. The tute is actually in a lecture time slot, which can be a lecture or a tute depending on the weeks. It does not determine your lab time.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Hm Yeah Enrolment system is totally buggy!!

Lmao, Ok if I choose Thursday Morning as my lab, and say a tutorial at room 311 mathews, it'll change my Lab time to Tuesday morning.

With a little trial and error I think I should be able to choose the lab & Tut though, thanks for the reply survivor!

Yeah, 1st week tuts are held in Biomedical Lecture theatures, while the alternate weeks are held in smaller rooms.

Researcher88

HSC
hi guys,
yeah it was preety confusing so i rang the department and they enrolled for me.
stay on the safe side :)

yep & email me if youre selling any biochem notes and books!

aussiechica7

HSC
i'd go with wks 1,3, 5 etc. rather than 2,4,6,etc. b/c that gives u more time for the wk just b4 ur exam- u'll REALLY appreciate it, trust me

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It was okay. Apparently it's similar to the Fundamental version but the adv. version has more labs.

It's better to do the adv version if you want to continue to do BIOC3XXX courses in Third year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)