• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bob Carr calls for drug decriminalisation (2 Viewers)

a c

HSC
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-03/eminent-group-calls-for-end-to-drug-prohibition/3928706

Foreign Affairs Minister Bob Carr says the policing of 'soft' drugs is a waste of police time, and that he would support their "effective decriminalisation".

I don't understand what he's saying exactly

Consider this:

""I don't believe a legalised drug regime can work, I'm opposed to that," Senator Carr said.

But then later the same day he states:

"But what I would like to see is the legalisation, the regulation - so it's not just supermarket stuff - the control and the taxation of drugs, much as we do with alcohol and nicotine at present."

Lentern

HSC
He is soooo not a bigger headache for Gillard than Rudd was.

Annihilist

HSC
About.

Fucking.

Time.

So who's Bob Carr?

EDIT: Just watched the video. This is a step in the right direction at least, and he's very right.

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
The CIA would just get rid of any Australian government that seriously moved to decriminalize cannabis or anything else

Lentern

HSC
been browsing a lot of /new/ lately?

what on earth was it then
That Bob Carr is a parachuted senator brought in to plug the foreign affairs expertise hole left by Rudd's resignation and that on matters of domestic policy his clout is diddly squat.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
That Bob Carr is a parachuted senator brought in to plug the foreign affairs expertise hole left by Rudd's resignation and that on matters of domestic policy his clout is diddly squat.
Somehow I doubt that was his driving point

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I support this. Marijuana should be legal to possess (although illegal to operate a motor vehicle or other tasks while under the influence etc similar to alcohol).

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
first minute based on complete and utter shit (from what i can tell it is based on research from non-peer reviewed articles in the Journal of the International Hemp Association)

SOME SCIENTISTS PROPOSE THAT MARIJUANA COULD HAVE OPENED THE DOOR TO GREATER CONSCIOUSNESS

shit video is shit

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I disagree, it is probably the best documentary in the world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)