• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Body of work- help! (1 Viewer)

edclng

HSC
hay dudes... im making a clock for my body of work.. its gonna be about 1.5 meters squared so its gonna be quite heavy.. Im having a big problem trying to find a "strong" clock motor to make the handles turn efficiently...

u guys hav ani ideas where i can find a clock motor thats strong enough to turn the handles???

thanx

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
edclng, welcome to the BOS forums!

a clock! quite interesting...quite ingenious i must say...

but, i must ask, what is ur major theme? what message are you trying to convey with that clock?

and to answer your question, im sorry i dont know of any strong clock motors around...

darksbane

Do Not Tap on Glass
HSC
Find a clockmaker or a jeweller that sells clocks or something along those lines and ask them what they would suggest or if they can assist you in some way with getting one. Good luck!! It sounds rather interesting, I'm curious as to what your theme is though as well? :)

edclng

HSC
the theme is probably life/death and how they relate and distinguish with each other (theme may be altered)...

if u learn japanese or chinese u should kno Kungi ( chinese characters) are made from smaller charcters and some of these words contain the same smaller characters.. my clock turns clockwise and anticlockwise in differ directions and each minute they turn new Kungis will form and the meaning of the Kungis are related to the theme life/death.

Its a bit hard to explain what im trying to do, since the clock turns every minute.. but i want it to show the flow of time between the birth of all individual and its death. and between this time individuals will experience happiness (e.g love -life) and suffer pain (e.g. isolation -death)

The examples love and isolation will be written in kungi which may share similar smaller characters

HSC
N/A
For sculpture (from the syllabus)-
The complete submission must not exceed 1 cubic metre in volume, or 34.4 kilograms in weight when packed for marking.

carzz

HSC
Hey my mum is an art teacher (got a couple of students into art express a few times;) )

check dimensions carefully, as they are only supposed to be 1cubic metre for a 3D work and she says your teacher should have been sent a diagram by the Board Of Studies which visually shows and tells you the dimensions for all types of work. Last year a girl my mum was helping from a different found this out almost too late, so hopefully Ive saved you

edclng

HSC
i kno sculptures must be under 1 cubic meter but my clock is more er... 2D (hence, max of 2m squared)... i already talked over this with my teacher a month ago and she said its "2D"

.... think i should check with other teachers as well to be sure -.- :mad1:

thanx for ur help dudes.... but im still stuck tryin to find strong clock mechanism/motor :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)