• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

BOS Trials 2013 MX1 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
I found Q12 (e) very hard
Had no clue how to even start :S
Find an expression for the volume lost in each container

Differentiate each one.

Put them over each other and it simplifies easily.

Makematics

HSC
For some reason i felt like i spent half the exam on Q12. I think it was the fact that it spanned over so many pages. Every time i thought i was nearing the end of it, it said "question 12 continues on page..."

HAX0R

HSC
I only made 40 sillies. Forgot to answer the questions.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
HSC
I'm curious to know this too actually.
I was like 'wtf' when I got up to the Q13 Projectile motion question. Got stuck on the limiting population of the pigeons and I skipped quite a few questions due to time urgh.

For some reason i felt like i spent half the exam on Q12. I think it was the fact that it spanned over so many pages. Every time i thought i was nearing the end of it, it said "question 12 continues on page..."
I thought exactly the same thing, e.g. the circle geo diagram took up a whole page and was only worth 2 marks lol. I swear the average marks per page in that question was 3.

Also, I can't believe I didn't just sub in values or used L'hopital's rule for the second MC, I did the long 'standard' way of algebraically manipulating it oops

Last edited:

fishrushed

HSC
I went back over the paper after (spent another 2 hours on it) and I still couldn't figure the projectile, the last binomial and the birds question :(

I felt that too D:
Every question seemed so long, felt like a paper full of conics LOL
Talking of conics, I can't imagine what the 4u paper will be like

btw, was it just me or was this paper harder than last year's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)