• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Business or pleasure? (1 Viewer)

DAAVE

HSC
So why are you doing your degree?

To make money, or because you are interested in it?

Me? A little from both columns.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
purely for interest. career plans will come later.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Mix of both. It would be kinda stupid to pick something with no career prospects, or something i would hate doing. I thin kive found a happy medium.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
well i want to combine arts with something later on, or do honours. and i figure, for the honours or extra degree i will put some thought in careerwise

SeDaTeD

HSC
Chose mainly because of interest, but it does have career options so that's another bonus.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
timrie6 said:
well i want to combine arts with something later on, or do honours. and i figure, for the honours or extra degree i will put some thought in careerwise
Yeah, thats smart. One of my fave teachers at school did that.

berghousemaa

HSC
Pleasure mainly. using B Arts and Sciences as a base for post grad studies.

eshi

shy
HSC
BA for pleasure...hopefully it'll give me some post-grad opportunities and I'll have some fun in the meantime. :rolleyes:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
absolution* said:
Mix of both. It would be kinda stupid to pick something with no career prospects, or something i would hate doing. I thin kive found a happy medium.

Ditto here ! :D

LazyBoy

HSC
same, beeing a teacher with BAS i can do a broad mix of subjects that interest me and still have a career path. but id really like to do a Doctor of Philosophy course eventually.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Yeah, i'm doing my course for a mix of both of those reasons as well. I don't think that many people are stupid enough to do a course that they hate, or one that won't eventually land them a job.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
a little from column A, a little from column B!!

I wanted to do serious comm / eco subjects but also have time to do interest subjects like history and politics :D

aditya

HSC
commerce for pleasure software engineering cuz im an insecure fuck but i would admit to sayign that if the commerce cut off was 85 at unsw, and the software engineering was 95 i would be going for software engineering purely cuz of the cut off- i wanted to do science advanced but finance is just so hard to get into, i dunt have the confidence :(

HSC
well i chose biomedical engineering cos i thought it would be interesting...but then i combined it with commerce for career prospects. But since the time i chose my course, i have a new found interest in finance and the stock market so it looks like both my degrees are out of interest in the end.....all worked out perfectly for me!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)