• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can I still get into engineering at UTS? (1 Viewer)

todaze

HSC
OK I ended up with an ATAR of 76.75, and have been longing to get into Wireless Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering at UTS which has a cutoff of 86.25. I know I'm 9.5 ATAR points off, but is there any chance that I might get in? Because I've heard that UTS is quite lenient with entry; for example I know a guy who got into a double degree of Business and IT last year at UTS with a UAI of ~78 where its cutoff is high 80s. Thank you to anyone who can provide me with some helpful feedback!

LordPc

HSC
just put it down as your first preference. if you get in, you get in, if you dont, you dont.

you can also put down other engineering streams as your 2nd/3rd/4th prefs. if uts is anything like unsw, first year engineering is virtually the same regardless of what stream you are in

todaze

HSC
friend got 72. he got in civil eng
Really?! Wow, that lifted my mood quite a bit. :)
Do you know if this was because of EAS or anything?
And I did that 6 question questionnaire for UTS Engineering which can apparently award you even more bonus points if your ATAR is not high enough, anyone have any clue as to how far this questionnaire helps?
Thanks everyone.

William kamel

HSC
EAS will help or else, write a letter to the dean, stating why you should be chosen for the course.

todaze

HSC
EAS will help or else, write a letter to the dean, stating why you should be chosen for the course.
But is there really THAT many people who are so keen in getting into Telecommunications or Wireless Engineering at UTS compared to a more popular branch of Engineering, such as Civil or Electrical?

Aeriff

HSC
I got a call for Software Engineering a couple of days ago, I got 81.7 which is ~5 below the published cutoff. It could be due to EAS or the Engineering questionnaire I submitted.. but the point is, as other people have already said in the thread: don't give up - you can still get in below the cutoff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)