• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can I still get into this course in uni? (1 Viewer)

student468

HSC
N/A
I really want to take an engineering course in university of sydney but the thing is I'm only doing 2 unit maths for one of my courses. I dropped out of 3 unit because i had a really crappy teacher and was struggling with it and didn't want to scale my atar down. So the question is: can I still be able to do engineering in uni or are there any other ways before I can get into the course?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I really want to take an engineering course in university of sydney but the thing is I'm only doing 2 unit maths for one of my courses. I dropped out of 3 unit because i had a really crappy teacher and was struggling with it and didn't want to scale my atar down. So the question is: can I still be able to do engineering in uni or are there any other ways before I can get into the course?
Bridging courses are available at uni.

HSC
i mean to get into the course, if you meet the atar cut off, you are in, there is no prerequisites just assumed knowledge
Whats the point of doing a course if you don't even understand anything that there on about? Assumed knowledge is pretty much "prerequisite" if you get what i mean. If you don't fit these assumed knowledge columns, then the course isn't fitted for you unless you do a bridging course.

astroman

HSC
Whats the point of doing a course if you don't even understand anything that there on about? Assumed knowledge is pretty much "prerequisite" if you get what i mean. If you don't fit these assumed knowledge columns, then the course isn't fitted for you unless you do a bridging course.
true, i get what your saying but it's still not compulsory to fulfil assumed knowledge, like you said bridging is available but the ATAR is what will put you into the course

HSC
does it apply to all courses? top 3 students in my engo studies class are gen. -.-
Dude you can't make connections between high school and uni. High school subjects = rote learn.
100% (not being a dick, just blunt and honest) your friends will struggle with engo if they did it in uni.

There are so many people who do gen yet they do physics.

HSC subjects is pretty much rote learn.

astroman

HSC
Dude you can't make connections between high school and uni. High school subjects = rote learn.
100% (not being a dick, just blunt and honest) your friends will struggle with engo if they did it in uni.

ik some that do engo and phys with no math -.-

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

yeah this. UNI physics is completely different

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
like same difficulty or does it differ for various courses in engo school?
everyone does MATH11X1/12X1 and then in later years you do some specific ones like mech engo's like me will do MATH2089 but civ engo's will do MATH2099

student468

HSC
N/A
ok i guess i will do a bridging course or maybe tafe first. Like i said my school can't teach math for crap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)