• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can I still make it ?? Need advice ! (1 Viewer)

peace1993

HSC
How r u doing guys , thanks to come in and help .

I am a 1st year international student studying B.liberal arts & science . I got ATAR 84 but I still don't know why I was rejected from the B.Science /Arts ,uni told me it's too late to re-enroll and advice me to transfer in mid-term . But I have to study overload credit point so as to follow pattern of B.Science/Arts , but I started to be very lazy and unmotivated since then ,

I was not up to the course and unmotivated to study , I skipped most of the lectures until last week , and my situation become worst
1 . my biology report was 20% cut off due to late submit ( the report occupies 15% in total )
2 . psychology essay was the same 20 % cut off due to late submit .
3 . First quiz of Math1001 (6 out of 15 , directly 6% in the total mark of the unit , that means i have lost 9% in total ), first quiz of Math 1002 (2 out of 15 , that means I have lost 13 % in total ), there are still the last quiz in the next 2 weeks for both units ,also occupy 15 % in total for each .

Last month to save myself in such a disadvantage , I have woke up and determined to study as hard as I can . Can I still make all credit or pass under this situation ?? I worry about it very much , I am afraid of being dropped out of the school .

Next month would be my Sem 1 Final exam , can I still get back to track ?

I would to have anyone advice me , thousands thanks to you !

p.s Unit of Study I am having: Math1001 ,1002 / Econ 1001 / Psyc 1001 / BIOL1003

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It's very difficult to say considering you haven't been trying recently.

You have to realise that at USYD, we have a strict % of people who can get a HD, D or C. The units you are doing have a high enrolment rate and lends itself to being very competitive as they act as feeder units into the different majors.

If I had to say, I would be inclined to think that you won't be able to get a credit unless you ace all your final exams.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Don't worry about credits, just aim for the pass's now given when you are currently at. You can still theoretically get a Credit or better though.

peace1993

HSC
It's very difficult to say considering you haven't been trying recently.

You have to realise that at USYD, we have a strict % of people who can get a HD, D or C. The units you are doing have a high enrolment rate and lends itself to being very competitive as they act as feeder units into the different majors.

If I had to say, I would be inclined to think that you won't be able to get a credit unless you ace all your final exams.
so true ,
I will still try my best anyway

peace1993

HSC
Don't worry about credits, just aim for the pass's now given when you are currently at. You can still theoretically get a Credit or better though.
well I'm trying to achieve the theory ~ thanks !

peace1993

HSC
any other advice ?? like is it still a chance to transfer to B.sc/BA with pass average

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Check on the USYD website. There is often a minimum WAM/GPA required to transfer.

peace1993

HSC
That's the best attitude to take I suppose. Don't screw up Semester 2 though.
I am dead sure I wont be stupid like this again , this gonna be one of my stupidest thing i hv done so far in my life .. thanks anyway !

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Even if you do screw up massively it is not the end of the world. Life is all about the journey and learning experiences.

peace1993

HSC
Check on the USYD website. There is often a minimum WAM/GPA required to transfer.
yes minimum WAM/GPA seems familiar to me , but I remember it said B.sc/BA has no such a reference since 2006 ..

peace1993

HSC
Even if you do screw up massively it is not the end of the world. Life is all about the journey and learning experiences.
can't agree more ..
btw , if I really messed up like failing 2 units of subject , will I be kicked out ?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No.

If you fail an individual subject 3 times (i.e. Math1001 etc) you will then be excluded for a year or so typically. Also if you fail 50% or more of your courses two semesters in a row you may also be excluded (i.e. failing two or more subjects this semester and then also failing 2 or more subjects next semester also).

Given it is your first semester, even if you failed all 4 subjects you wouldn't be kicked out (or not yet anyway) and would be allowed to continue for Semester 2.

peace1993

HSC
No.

If you fail an individual subject 3 times (i.e. Math1001 etc) you will then be excluded for a year or so typically. Also if you fail 50% or more of your courses two semesters in a row you may also be excluded (i.e. failing two or more subjects this semester and then also failing 2 or more subjects next semester also).

Given it is your first semester, even if you failed all 4 subjects you wouldn't be kicked out (or not yet anyway) and would be allowed to continue for Semester 2.
wow I won't fail that much .. by the way thanks for your information ,it's really helpful .
last question , how about the WAM / GPA for Bsc/BA ? there is no figure for the course

jet

Banned
HSC
I would assume you take the higher of the two WAMs for the individual courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)