• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Can someone help !! (1 Viewer)

Mikearun

HSC
Hi, this is my first time using this threads things, SO .... for the journey things that all of you have to do for whatevr level of english. What are other texts that you could use other than movies, poetries, newspaper articles, advertisements and books for the physical and inner journey ?
thanks for anyone who could help me

P

pLuvia

You can use any text type you want only if it is related to your journey

Adding to the list you can use short stories, lyrics

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i dont think songs/lyrics is a good idea. because a lot of the meaning is conveyed through the music !

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
i dont think songs/lyrics is a good idea. because a lot of the meaning is conveyed through the music !
yes; but if your using songs as related texts; the use of drums in collaboration with the lyrics is a type of technique. so is the fact that the instruments help support the meaning conveyed throughout the lyrics ;)

i did songs for my related texts in yr 11. .. haha

on another note; welcome to Bored of STudies Mikearun!! ^_^
enjoy your stay

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
visual, caricatures, images, magazine\book covers etc.

As for the song debate yes a lot of meaning is conveyed through the music but the lyrics can also be strong and if you can enhance the lyrics meaning through music techniques then all the better for you. The thing with songs is you could basically make up music and even lyrical techniques as the marker most likely won't know.

And since none of you '06ers said so, welcome Mikearun to BOS.

EDIT: OH you just beat me then shinji, I also noticed you got your name changed to just shinji :).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haha yeh i did.
mainly coz it was causing problem of not being able to see y profile coz of the forward slash ...

bahah. beat u to it kid! ;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
yes; but if your using songs as related texts; the use of drums in collaboration with the lyrics is a type of technique. so is the fact that the instruments help support the meaning conveyed throughout the lyrics ;)

i did songs for my related texts in yr 11. .. haha

on another note; welcome to Bored of STudies Mikearun!! ^_^
enjoy your stay
i used a song lyric for yr11 as well for 'change'. i found it quite hard to discuss and provide a sound explanation the rhythm of the song, which was bad because it portrayed the inner journey take he took which in the end resulted in change. and no im talking about journey ! lol.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)