• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can the teachers change our module from frontline to V for Vandetta?? (1 Viewer)

hart2hart

HSC
I just heard a rumour which i found out it was true, that the teachers have decided to ditch frontline and teach us V for Vandetta. i mean we all bought a copy of frontline, and i've watched it all. but know we're not doing it anymorE!!
Isn't that ridiculous?? i mean V for Vandetta isnt even out on dvd yet, so what the hell?
and our assessment task for this is in a week.
is this possible?? for the teachers just to to that??
i'm so angry bout it, i just wasted so much time on frontline. sigh

tigerian

HSC
N/A
hart2hart said:
I just heard a rumour which i found out it was true, that the teachers have decided to ditch frontline and teach us V for Vandetta. i mean we all bought a copy of frontline, and i've watched it all. but know we're not doing it anymorE!!
Isn't that ridiculous?? i mean V for Vandetta isnt even out on dvd yet, so what the hell?
and our assessment task for this is in a week.
is this possible?? for the teachers just to to that??
i'm so angry bout it, i just wasted so much time on frontline. sigh
Ring the Board of Studies helpline and get advice. I don't think that's fair.

hart2hart

HSC
they didnt even tell us. and most of us has prepared for it too. but what has that got to do with anything V for Vendetta was not meant to be our core study, front line was, they told us all go watch it analyse it and prepare for its listening task and speech. we are meant to also get a related text ourselves too. i asked my teacher about preparing for the speech and she told me to analyse the frontline, and it might be pre-prepared, but she didnt even tell me about V for Vendetta. and posting it here, is what a forum is isnt it? seeing other people's opinions. i only found out today, so i cant reach a teacher now, i'm definetly sure i'm seeing them on tuesday. oh well..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
politik said:
It looks to me that they're using 'V for Vendetta' as an Other Related Text, as they cannot substitute Board approved texts. Think about it, if they substituted the text, then what would you do in the exam when you are only allowed to respond using one of the texts allowed?
Exactly.

This is the point that needs to be focused on, you cannot replace a prescribed text with any old text. If your teacher intends to show it, or even make you do an analysis on it and mark it, then thats fine. However she is not the Board and cannot prescribe it for the exam. So its extremely unlikely that Frontline will be replaced. If your teacher does attempt to do so, then you have valid grounds to contact higher authorities - ranging from the head english teacher up to the Board of Studies themselves. Until then hart2hart, just relax and do the work you were doing.

HSC
N/A
hart2hart said:
I just heard a rumour which i found out it was true, that the teachers have decided to ditch frontline and teach us V for Vandetta.
Where did you hear it confirmed from?

Logically, it doesn't make sense. Textlists are only changed every few years and usually prepared well in advance - they're not going to suddenly whack on a new prescribed text in the middle of the year. Additionally, all HSC texts are off-bounds for Yr 11 students so HSC text lists are routinely circulated around schools each year to ensure no teacher covers an HSC text 'by mistake'. Considering again that V for Vendetta was only released this year, the 'fact' that it is now a prescribed HSC text is highly unlikely.

Secondly, V for Vendetta does not appear on this offical HSC textlist:
http://hsc.csu.edu.au/english/text_list/2300/index.html

However as others have mentioned, your teacher might be teaching it as a "prepared" additional text (most students have to find this and analyse it on their own so consider yourself lucky!)

hart2hart

HSC
hey guys, thanks i learnt alot. well the department found out we knew about V for Vendetta, so they change it today, it was actually held today. they got an article and read it, well taped themself reading the article. readin it. i dont know, our english department is not so great, so vage about everything, half the time noone knows whats happening lols. well hopefully i can do well in it ^^!!

thanks guys

hyparzero

BOS Male Prostitute
HSC
hart2hart said:
hey guys, thanks i learnt alot. well the department found out we knew about V for Vendetta, so they change it today, it was actually held today. they got an article and read it, well taped themself reading the article. readin it. i dont know, our english department is not so great, so vage about everything, half the time noone knows whats happening lols. well hopefully i can do well in it ^^!!

thanks guys
From what you wrote, I can actually tell that your English Department sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)