• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Car of the 1337s (6 Viewers)

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
actually its very expensive to mod. With an AE86 all you have to do is change the 4ac over to a 4age, the engine will only cost like 1500, and that alone will get you drifting. Theres no way you could set up a vn to drift that cheap.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
agreed. AE86 fucking own for drifting. last of the rear wheel drive carolla's. i saw one the other day hit ti around a corner. so light in the rear. just hit it sideways instantly. damn asians n there good drifting skills

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I'm wondering why people don't mod the current Corollas or Astras. Can you mod a Camry 2002?

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
cause they are granny cars?

er drifting is usually about a car handling like shit you fool. Corolla's are ugly old pos, and the car and engine are getting pretty damn old.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I want an answer from someone who knows something about the specifications about cars not some faggot mouthing off generalised rhetoric about how much he hates these cars.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
The fastest car I've driven is my Camry 2002 and it has sufficent power and handling for me. I want to get one of my own. I want to know whether I can spend the next 10 years modding it.
My question is: Can I mod a Camry to say a normal sports performance car? What's stopping me from being able to do this?
Like a Supra engine can fit into a Cressida and those things are pretty old. They can also fit into a Soarer. You can fit a better engine to smaller cars and stuff. I know there is no point modding say a Echo cause the chasis can't handle it. I don't want a sports car shell cause every pig who sees me on the highway is going to want to check me out. I like my Camry cause it avoids detection, its bland, it generic and its ignored.
So should I mod an auto or a manual? I'm not looking for extraordinary power, Commodore level power is fine but I want handling to be a bit better. I've seen some pretty shocking mods and I want THIS mod to look good. Where do I start?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
transcendent said:
The fastest car I've driven is my Camry 2002 and it has sufficent power and handling for me. I want to get one of my own. I want to know whether I can spend the next 10 years modding it.
My question is: Can I mod a Camry to say a normal sports performance car? What's stopping me from being able to do this?
Like a Supra engine can fit into a Cressida and those things are pretty old. They can also fit into a Soarer. You can fit a better engine to smaller cars and stuff. I know there is no point modding say a Echo cause the chasis can't handle it. I don't want a sports car shell cause every pig who sees me on the highway is going to want to check me out. I like my Camry cause it avoids detection, its bland, it generic and its ignored.
So should I mod an auto or a manual? I'm not looking for extraordinary power, Commodore level power is fine but I want handling to be a bit better. I've seen some pretty shocking mods and I want THIS mod to look good. Where do I start?
Usually manuals are better for modding if u can drive one that is

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
i was talking to the other person who had addressed me before about drifting.

Those cars are not designed to handle particularly well or even go that fast, and also look bland and ugly. why not try driving something with some guts? btw, its illegal to put an older engine in a newer car, so that would preclude you getting an engine, unless you were either very lucky, or insanely rich.

Personally i'm biased towards commodores, especially reletively stock looking ones, but im not worried about police attention, as they tend to go after the wogs in their skylines.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Korn it shouldn't be too hard to learn manual cause I've driven a bit on my friend's one but I prefer auto.

wickedclown the Nissan 350ZX is too expensive, older model sports cars ARE too cliche and the government is introducing a new 15 year rule prevent people from being 'grey imports'.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
transcendent said:
Korn it shouldn't be too hard to learn manual cause I've driven a bit on my friend's one but I prefer auto.

wickedclown the Nissan 350ZX is too expensive, older model sports cars ARE too cliche and the government is introducing a new 15 year rule prevent people from being 'grey imports'.
Grey imports generally mean their from Asia doesnt it???

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Transcendant, alot of people will tell you theres no point in modding the newer camry because its front wheel drive, and there is no easy way of power gain because newer engines restrict power enhancement, it will also be expensive. Also, they look pretty much but-ugly, in my opinion anyway. Besides changing the springs/shocks in the suspension theres not much you can do about handling. Basically, people tend not to mod cars like the astra and newer camry's because there ugly/expensive to mod and the engines rely to much on there CPU's, causing an engine conversion to be difficult. In my opinion, sell up, and buy a sporty little car, that will get you acceleration and much better handling.

And wicked clown, i suggest you don't post about drifting anymore, its pretty obviouse you know next to nothing about the subject, infact it seems like you know nothing at all.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
btw, its illegal to put an older engine in a newer car, so that would preclude you getting an engine, unless you were either very lucky, or insanely rich.
question....what was with the bullet? remember it? looked basically like a modded MX5 but had the lexus V8...

what was the go with that thing? basically a new car, n those engines had to be older

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
DaddyK said:
Transcendant, alot of people will tell you theres no point in modding the newer camry because its front wheel drive, and there is no easy way of power gain because newer engines restrict power enhancement, it will also be expensive. Also, they look pretty much but-ugly, in my opinion anyway. Besides changing the springs/shocks in the suspension theres not much you can do about handling. Basically, people tend not to mod cars like the astra and newer camry's because there ugly/expensive to mod and the engines rely to much on there CPU's, causing an engine conversion to be difficult. In my opinion, sell up, and buy a sporty little car, that will get you acceleration and much better handling.
wud this also apply to corollas?

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
look just cause im not part of the fuckin ricer 4cyl crowd, dosen't mean i don't know anything. FYI, one of the recent Summernats drift comps was won by a VN SS, going up against skylines, hsv's, fords, you name it.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
well that goes against you dribbling on about them not being a viable drift car dosen't it. No pure drifting isnt a huge interest of mine, and i'm more into VL Turbo's myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)