• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (10 Viewers)

astroman

HSC
Re: Cars

It's more than just RWD, it's mid engined and one of the first cars to make heavy use of aluminum.

It's arguably a better car than the Ferrari 348 (which could be bought new for awhile after the NSX was released) and modern Ferraris might not be the same if a car like the NSX didnt force their hand with the 355.
but why are they rare though? Were they built in strictly limited numbers and what the deal with acura and honda? are they the same thing?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

renamed thread to 'CARS & Mighty Car Mods'
I'm with Seremify - MCM should be moved off to its own thread. It's not conductive to just have some huge thread, and NS is different.

but why are they rare though? Were they built in strictly limited numbers and what the deal with acura and honda? are they the same thing?
Because they cost heaps new. Same thing, Acura brand only exists in US market currently. Same thing as Lexus and Infiniti.

astroman

HSC
re: CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

Anyone seen this before? I touched it before and got screamed at by a security guard when i was 5 at a an art gallery :haha: Sadly it was not squishy like it looks like :(

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad

need to do 250 words for my essay then I am gonng watch it.

or do the other way around.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad

this isn't his personal car doe, this is just a series of episodes for season 7, i highly doubt Moog would get another silvia for his new car.
wasnt the silvia the one he looked out of the window?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

Guys since most of you live Sydney, are you able to recognise the suburbs they mostly go through and do their part picking etc?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Guys since most of you live Sydney, are you able to recognise the suburbs they mostly go through and do their part picking etc?
Recognise a few places but I used to order my parts (other than tyres) direct from overseas through an importer, and then I ended up going through Modern Automotive Performance in the US since the guy there was excellent to deal with and AUD/USD was great. I got my tyres from tirerack.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

Yep.

From watching their old videos, i think they live in the hills district. The civic show car which they built in the driveway def looks like hills district.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

it's not a track car doe, aren't they putting off road tires on it??
What's the difference if it races on a track or dirt? srsly

I think you've answered your own question. That being said for similar coin I think I'd rather buy an R35 (which I'm actually considering now rather than a similarly priced but second-hand R8 lol).
I'd buy a 997 GT3 within that price bracket but i'm a 911 fanboy. GTR seems a bit boring unless you buy an exhaust and tune amongst other things.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Not in the mood to go through exhaust/tune/etc at this stage... after having an awesome life with a stock Benz for past few years and appreciating reliability and warranty, I am hoping to do the same again. Maybe a C63 or M3/M4 is a better bet.

astroman

HSC

Not in the mood to go through exhaust/tune/etc at this stage... after having an awesome life with a stock Benz for past few years and appreciating reliability and warranty, I am hoping to do the same again. Maybe a C63 or M3/M4 is a better bet.
m3 plz

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Problem is it doesn't feel special enough :( I've been driving a (borrowed) SL63 lately. I even looked at second hand Gallardo or 458s but they're a little pricey. Maybe I should just save money, buy another property, and then wait until I can afford get something more epic.

astroman

HSC

Problem is it doesn't feel special enough :( I've been driving a (borrowed) SL63 lately. I even looked at second hand Gallardo or 458s but they're a little pricey. Maybe I should just save money, buy another property, and then wait until I can afford get something more epic.
wise, invest into property and spend your cash wisely on a car you will enjoy. Do you have a possible list of potential future buys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)