• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Case - Employment legislation vs contract? (1 Viewer)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, please please please please help me, do you guys know of any legal case that pitted government employment legislation/awards v. employment contracts?? Thanks in advance... I think I need this to use this as legal authority in my essay.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Re: Commercial Law Legal Case.

Thank You. :)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC

You should have access to databases such as casebase via ur university library page. Another good place to look is in legal encylopedias and textbooks they often tell you the leading case(s) for principles. :) Good luck

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A

brogan77 said:
OMG HOW BOUT RESEARCH, KIDS?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?! [comment]cdvsv[/comment]
Yeah, I think I'll second this. I've noticed that over the last month or so there has been an unprecedented climb in specific questions that appear to be taken directly from assignment questions, or relate directly to them. I'm not a mod here or anything, but I thought such a usage of the forums would be frowned upon - I have no idea about the other unis, but UOW attaches a strict "do no collaborate with anyone, ever" type message to all its assignments.

General queries are great, and often serve to expand the knowledge of the forum collective (ie; "I don't understand the line of argument in Joseph v Bloggs. Does it relate to x or y?"). However, questions along the lines of "please find a case on x for me" or "can someone summarise Joseph v Bloggs?" seem to be utterly counterproductive, in that they undermine that which the assignment questions are supposed to be making you learn for yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)