• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Changing Classes (1 Viewer)

iceworx

HSC
Hey guys,

I need to change a couple of my lecture times but I am unable to when I log into myUNSW. I get up to the class selection screen and then there are no options for me to swap classes (as in the button to do it isnt there). I found this really strange, especially since the enrolment period doesn't end for a few weeks and the lectures I want to change to have spots available. Any experience with this or advice on what to do? I'll probably give student central (or whoever handles enrolment haha) a call tomorrow if I don't figure it out.

Cheers

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I need to change a couple of my lecture times but I am unable to when I log into myUNSW. I get up to the class selection screen and then there are no options for me to swap classes (as in the button to do it isnt there). I found this really strange, especially since the enrolment period doesn't end for a few weeks and the lectures I want to change to have spots available. Any experience with this or advice on what to do? I'll probably give student central (or whoever handles enrolment haha) a call tomorrow if I don't figure it out.

Cheers
Which course/lecture? It could be filled up already.

iceworx

HSC
yeah all good, i realised you had to swap the whole subject and you couldnt just swap individual classes in the class screen haha. thanks anyway :)

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
yeah all good, i realised you had to swap the whole subject and you couldnt just swap individual classes in the class screen haha. thanks anyway :)
you can swap individual classes for a subject

iceworx

HSC
you can swap individual classes for a subject
yeah but i thought you had to do it in the class screen. basically the process is swapping the subject for the same subject then changing the class as necessary. i thought you were able to just change it on the page where u click a button to see your timetable.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Although you have probably figured it out, for anyone else who sees this thread who is not sure about the process, make sure you click "Swap", and never "Drop", if you want to just change your classes.

Swap allows you to keep your other classes and keeps you in the course for the entire swapping process. Drop means you remove yourself from the course completely, and it's very possible that by the time you redo the process, you will have lost a good time slot.

With Swap, simply enter in the same course code as the course of the class you intend to change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)